Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Right now I feel excited.

My emotions about everything we are going through and have gone through change almost hourly on some days.

But right now, I feel very excited. I am excited at the thought that one day we will be able to add to our family some way or another. One day I will have a nursery and when a baby cries I will be the one running to answer his or her cries. I am excited to paint a bedroom for him or her and to make a quilt for him or her. I am very excited to be able to look forward to things like that where for some time, I felt like all of that would never happen for us.

Adoption has left that parenting window open. It feels like hope.

Today this song is really hitting home and it has been stuck in my head since I woke up this morning:

Speak To Me by Remedy Drive

I've been listening in all the wrong places
Am I alone?
Well, am I missing every word you're saying?
I don't hear the sound of your voice
Anymore, anymore, anymore, anymore

Speak to me, please speak to me
I'm in between
And I can't hear you
Whisper, shout it, give me something
I need it now need your voice, need a sound
Speak to me

There's a cause of all the times I've failed you
Am I too far?
Well, did you wonder how long I'd wait for you?
I don't hear the sound of your voice
Anymore, anymore, anymore, anymore

Speak to me, please speak to me
I'm in between
And I can't hear you
Whisper, shout it, give me something
I need it now need your voice, need a sound
Speak to me

Tell me something
Tell me anything
I am waiting for you, won't you speak to me?
Tell me something
Tell me anything
I am waiting for you, won't you speak to me?
Tell me something
Tell me anything
I am waiting for you, won't you speak to me?

Speak to me, please speak to me
I'm in between
And I can't hear you
Whisper, shout it, give me something
I need it now need your voice, need a sound
Speak to me

Yeah
Speak to me...yeah, yeah
Speak to me
Speak to me

I need it now, need your voice, need a sound

Speak to me

Are we listening in the wrong places? Have we been hearing what God has saying? Last night we prayed that we would have our ears opened to what God wanted to tell us.






I'm hoping that I can drown out my voices inside my head and hear the still small voice speaking to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.