Monday, August 2, 2010

Quiet house.

This house is so quiet. For some reason, I don't work much this week and I have spent the day today in this big quiet house. I don't know how to feel about it. I love the peace and quiet where we live. We are out in the country and the only sounds we hear are the trees rustling and the sound of a nearby train going by and the occasional car passing on the dirt road that we live on. Today there is no breeze and the windows are closed because the air conditioning is on. When the air isn't blowing, it's so quiet in here, it's eerie.

I wonder if this empty house feeling will ever go away.

One week until the adoption seminar. One week until we can really see if our lives are going to be changed by this and if this is the path God wants us to walk down.

What do I do with myself as I wait? What was God's plan by me not having to work this week, was his plan for me to just sit here on my butt? I don't think so. I feel like I've been given an opportunity to spend a lot of time in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.