Friday, August 6, 2010

Three things that are never satisfied, four that never say it is enough

Proverbs 30:15,16
There are three things that are never satisfied, yea, four things say not, It is enough. The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.


Scripture tells us that a barren womb will never be satisfied. Does this mean that we will always hurt?

Scripture also tells us:

Psalm 113:9
He maketh the barren woman to keep house, and to be a joyful mother of children. Praise ye the Lord.

I'd say that's a pretty hefty promise!! If I can try not to define "mother" in any way that is different in the bible. How many people are adopted in the Bible? First two that come to mind are Moses and Esther. Look at what God used them for. Were they any less loved because they were adopted? No. Were they any less of a person because they were adopted? No. Were the men and women who raised them any less parents? Absolutely not.

Isaiah 54

1Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.

2Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

3For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

4Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.

5For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

6For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

8In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.

9For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke thee.

10For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

11O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

12And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

13And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

14In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.

15Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

16Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

17No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.


I really can't think of more hope at all than in that chapter. Look at verse 6! "For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God" For the Lord called me as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, a wife of youth... when I was refused, says God. Is that me to a T? I AM forsaken of children. I am grieved in spirit and I am a wife of youth. And I have been refused.

But look at verse 7 & 8! "For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer." For a small moment He has forsaken me, but with great mercies He will gather me! He hides his face from me for a moment, but with everlasting kindness He promises his mercy on me. What kind of a promise other than that could I cling to? I am forsaken and He tells me I am, but it will not be for naught. There is a reason for my suffering and He promises to make it up to me.

And even more of His eternal promise in verses 11 and 12. "O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones." His promises for my future, in clear black and white. Oh you afflicted, tossed with tempest, He will build you up with beautiful stones and sapphires. He will make your windows of agates (which are a type of quartz, a very fine grain characterized by their bright colors) and He is describing how amazing and beautiful He will build up the place He has prepared for you in the kingdom of Heaven.


Psalm 127: 3-5

Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.


Does God promise too that my Husband will be rewarded? He tells us that the fruit of the womb is his reward. Is he being punished for something? When will my husband get his reward as promised? I have noticed in studying this, that it does not say the fruit of his WIFE's womb is his reward, it's the fruit of the womb. Meaning a child was born of a mother, but it's not saying specifically his children are born of his blood. All of us are adopted as God's children and into His Holy family.


3 days until the adoption seminar!!!



1 comment:

  1. Whoa... Is there anything that is NOT in that book? Amazing... What words of encouragement. Thank you for looking that up. It made me feel much more at peace.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.