Friday, August 13, 2010

We've been married for 1,000 days today!

1,000 days sometimes feels like an eternity, but wow has it flown.

Since we've been married we've done and gone through so much together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We were married November 17, 2007 at a little church in front of family and friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


On February 1, 2008 we moved to Wisconsin from Michigan. We went from cold to COLDER.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On February 12, 2008 we brought home our first furry canine bundle of joy... Bessie May!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My cat took to her right away... as you can see.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
She's been a daddy's girl ever since.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
we spent most of our weekends driving back to Michigan, a 1,000 mile round trip, to visit family.
This was taken in March, I believe. Our first Easter.

Bessie got bigger and bigger and her and the kitty played all the time.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



We hung out with friends and visited family every chance we could. We found our favorite places to eat and favorite things to do in Wisconsin. Around the time we got Bessie we decided that we were ready to add some human babies to the mix.

We spent as much time as enjoying Bessie and enjoying each other as we could.
Photobucket

In May of 2008 we got up at 3:30 one morning and drove to Fort Wayne, IN for my friend's wedding!
Bessie came with us, man what a LONG day! We got to the wedding around 1pm I believe and then we left to go back home to Wisconsin at about 4pm. But getting to be there with my oldest friend on her big day was priceless :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Another friend that we went to school with since middle school came too! Hi Jenna!

Photobucket
Didn't Ashley look stunning?? :) Never have I seen a more happy bride !

July 4, 2008 we drove to Michigan to celebrate Jack's Grandma's birthday!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Jack Sr just adored Bessie!


July of 2008 we went to the EAA air show in Oshkosh, Wi, spent a lot of time hanging out with my family who is from the area!

I took this picture of the bomber that flew right over our heads, no zoom at all.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My uncle has a hangar at the airport and we had the best seats in the house... for FREE!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


We went with my cousin and his girlfriend (now wife) to the drag strip not too far from our apartment.
Photobucket
This guy loves all things cars... :) Check out the turbos on that bad boy!

Also we met Bessie's brother!! Her brother from her same litter lived in our apartment complex! It was pretty amazing because we got her about an hour and a half away from where our apartment was. Bessie's brother's name is Brewer and we met his parents along with him, of course, and they quickly became the best friends we ever could have made in Wisconsin!
Photobucket

Photobucket


Jack and I began to get involved at our church, volunteering for as much as we could. We were a part of the OAKS ministry, Organized Acts of Kindness and Service. We helped whenever there was a need and we could fill it. We met one friend there by helping her move out of her apartment into a Habitat Home that she recieved! I worked in the church nursery, running the 0-11 month old room. And Jack and I together volunteered to mow the lawn at the church.
Photobucket

Brewer's parents, Lindsey and Craig got married in August! I planned and practiced for weeks to sing in their wedding!
Photobucket

And then unfortunately Jack's Grandpa went home to Glory, so we went back to Michigan that weekend for the funeral, so we missed the wedding!

but we got to see family, and we stayed with my mom.
Photobucket


Of course while we were in town, my mom put Jack and my little brother to work!
Photobucket

Shortly after, Jack's Grandmother passed away as well, and then right after that my Aunt Brenda and then my Grandpa passed away. I believe the weekend of Jack's Grandma's funeral was the same day as my Aunt Brenda's funeral. We were getting pulled in all different directions, Brenda's funeral was in Minnesota and Jack's Grandma's was in Michigan.

In September, 2008, my best friend from as far back as I can remember came to visit with her husband!
Photobucket
(Same couple, Matt and Ashley, who got married this May!)

Photobucket
Jack and I after driving down to visit his Grandma in the hospital and visiting my Grandpa who was sick.



October 2008 came and it was a time of visiting with friends and family!
Photobucket
Lindsey with Brewer and Bessie

Photobucket
Craig and Jack doin what boys do... playing with Jack's slot car track.


Photobucket
Jack's parents came to visit us for the first time since we moved out to Wisconsin, so we took him to where all of the trucks that Jack worked on were stored.

Photobucket

Photobucket
We took Jack's parents to my uncle's hangar, and here is my uncle Pete showing them what we can see from the air show at his hangar.

Photobucket
We went to the pumpkin patch and petting zoo with my cousin Mike and his girlfriend (now wife)

Photobucket
Jen and I holding chickens!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Mike and Jen like to make children cry ;) Just kidding love you guys!

Photobucket
Jack and I on the hay ride!

Photobucket
My pumpkin

Photobucket
Jack's pumpkin... he's always gotta show me up!


Lindsey & Craig came over to decorate cookies and hang out!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Bessie begging

Photobucket
Chatting with the newlyweds

Photobucket
Craig loving on my kitty!

Photobucket
And of course the kids playing on the floor!

Over Halloween my best friend Ashley came with her boyfriend (now husband!)
Photobucket

Photobucket


November 2008 brought our first anniversary!!
We went to the Upper Penninsula to my Aunt and Uncle's amazing house that they have built in Trout Lake. We spent the weekend up there, and they had left us some steak and potatoes to cook for our anniversary meal! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When we came home, we went out to eat at The Melting Pot for some delicious anniversary fondue !
Photobucket


We broke our cardinal rule of not traveling through snow and went home and surprised Jack's family by showing up for Thanksgiving at his grandparents house.
Photobucket

December brought lots of snow and we enjoyed it as much as anyone can enjoy 50 below before the windchill.
Photobucket

We bought our dining room table for our Christmas present to each other!
Photobucket

Photobucket
I went and decorated Christmas cookies with friends

Photobucket
and it was UNBELIEVABLE how many presents people sent us from back home!!

Photobucket
Our apartment was all decked out and ready for Christmas

A few days before Christmas my dad and Kelly came to visit!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Kelly with Bessie

Photobucket
Dad taking a picture of me taking a picture of him!

Photobucket
We took Dad and Kelly out to our favorite restaurant there, Nakashima... a Japanese Steakhouse!

Photobucket
While Dad and Kelly were in town we had all of Dad's family over that lived in the area!

Photobucket
We played bananagrams ;)

Photobucket
Then Christmas Day came!!

Photobucket
Everyone was having a good time

We set the table for the special guest to arrive ON christmas day!
Photobucket

Photobucket
My mom!!!

Photobucket
Mom admiring the quilt I made her!

January 2009 brought more cold weather... so our animals cuddled.
Photobucket

Daren and Kelly came to visit us for New Year's Eve... But for some reason I have no pictures of that. We took them to Nakashima too :)


Photobucket
Jack's 28th birthday!

Photobucket
Cake and ice cream I made him

February 2009 brought my 23rd birthday!
Photobucket
Dad and Kelly sent me quilting books!

Photobucket
Jack set up a pinata in the garage for me :)

Photobucket
Jack's Truck all covered in snow in the parking lot.



Spring of 2009:
Photobucket
Jack and Bessie sleeping in one Saturday morning.

Photobucket
I went with my Aunt Dottie and Jen to a Red Had event called Ladies Must Swing!

Photobucket
Jen, Dottie and I

Photobucket
Lindsey brought over her new baby Kyli (Honeymoon baby!)

Photobucket
Jack and Craig with our puppies

Photobucket
Craig messing with my kitty

Summer of 2009... We moved into a new apartment.... went camping and hung out.
Photobucket
Camping at High Cliff State Park

Photobucket
me having fun

Photobucket
We took the Harley to our favorite drive in!

Photobucket
Ardy & Ed's! In Oshkosh, Wi


Fall of 2009:
Photobucket
We went to a sled pull in Oshkosh!

Photobucket





Photobucket
Jack's garage at our 2nd apartment before he had to pack it all up to move home.


Jack's Aunt and Uncle rented us their basement until Jack got a job again and we bought our house!
Photobucket
This is me cooking with Bessie at my Mom's house right after we moved back to Michigan.

We closed on May 5, 2010!
house

Photobucket
I painted the whole house!!


Photobucket
Got a new puppy!! Dixie... English Mastiff, born April 3, 2010.


My Best friend got married, May 2010
Photobucket
I stood up as her matron of honor! Just like she did in my wedding!


My cousin Mike from Wisconsin got married and we drove back to Wisconsin with the family for the wedding!


Photobucket

Photobucket
Siblings with Jack

Photobucket
Hanging out with Kelly @ Holly Hotel for afternoon tea!

So far this summer we've spent our time working on the house, since we bought it we have:
  • painted the entire house ceilings and all
  • new carpet in the whole house except basement
  • bought new cabinets for the kitchen
  • new water softener
  • new water heater
We are just trying to hang up pictures now and make it feel more like home.

I got a dirt bike...
Photobucket

Dixie is Bessie sized now and she's only 4 months old!
Photobucket


Photobucket

And This is Jack and I last weekend... I love you babe more than I did 1,000 days ago when I promised that I would love you for the rest of my life. There is NO one that I would have wanted to have this adventure with than with you :) You're my entire world babe!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments below.