Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Working at the group home.

I just got home from my second day at the group home. I had a few firsts!

1. I did my first shot!! One of the ladies is diabetic and needs insulin shots. On my first day, I did the finger prick, which duh is no big deal. This time I did her insulin shot. I figured hey I have to learn some time. So I just bit the bullet and did it. I only had to re-stick her once. Haha.

2. I flew solo today. I think I did a pretty good job.

Overall, I feel like the job is very rewarding. I would love to have someone treat my grandparents with as much love and respect as I treat these women. And the job is also exhausting! Maybe it's from being up since 6:15 and working from 8-8 today... but I'm tired. I got home around 8:30 because I stayed and chatted with Joz for a while.


Giving that woman her shot makes me really feel like I have no doubt in my mind about being able to give myself shots.... Things that make you scratch your head and think, wow, I really could do that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.