Monday, January 3, 2011

30 for my 30th year! My 2011 Resolutions

# 1 : Spend a lot more time studying and reading the Bible and learn as much as I can.

# 2 : Take the time to get to know my wife better. Get to know her needs and be able to fulfill them without constantly having to ask. Fall deeper in love.

# 3 : Lose 30 pounds (or get into the physical shape that I want to be. I'm guessing it's about 30 pounds that I'll shed while doing it.)

# 4 : Get Allison Pregnant.

#5 :
Personally lead at least 1 person to know Christ as their personal savior.

# 6 : Don't be lazy.

# 7 : Spend more time growing my friendships.

# 8 : Join some kind of a small group.

# 9 : Get more involved with our church.

# 10 : Become members at our church.

# 11 : Be more open and willing to share my faith and less inhibited about my worshipping.

# 12 : Maintain our vehicles better and not get behind on oil changes and rust prevention and rust fixing.

# 13 : Keep up on my chores.

# 14 : Get to know my neighbors better.

# 15 : Be careful with my back and take my time so that I don't injure my back, and when I do, take care of it with the chiropractor as soon as I can.

# 16 : Save $10,000.

# 17: Pray for my family and friends daily.

# 18: Build a Shed.

# 19: Rely on God for the big things and the little things.

# 20: Strike up a conversation with one stranger and share my faith.

# 21: Find a person to bless each week.

# 22: No Fast Food and No Pop.

# 23: Paint our 2nd Bedroom. When we moved in, that room was determined for the "nursery." We may or may not ever have a nursery and I have not been able to bring myself to paint it since my plans were to paint it blue or pink, and obviously we woudn't know if it should be blue or pink until I was pregnant. We've lived here 8 months and I still haven't painted it and I'm still not pregnant. I am going to paint the room and finish it as a guest bedroom. I am letting go of that room as a possibility and if God allows us to get pregnant and gives us a body to put in our nursery, I can re=paint. If not, I will be content with off-white walls.

# 24: Learn something new.

# 25: Take a vacation. Go up to Trout Lake and relax and bring our dirtbikes and let the dogs swim and go off roading in the jeep. And bring as many of our loved ones up there as possible. And go camping!

# 26: Spend more time riding my dirt bike.

# 27: Keep my garage organized and remember to lock it.

# 28: Insulate the garage.

# 29: Start really saving for the pole barn and getting ready to figure out where to put it.

# 30: Give more of my time to my church.

2 comments:

  1. Did you guys intentionally make your first 25 resolutions the same? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of them are the same, but not all. He has a few different ones than I do.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.