Sunday, January 30, 2011

Amazing day!!

Church was unbelievable this morning. It is amazing to worship with a group of believers who believe together that God can do amazing works. Our whole church building is an amazing work of God. Well we have 2 big buildings that the church owns and one of them is an old furniture showroom that is this huge warehouse that stands behind the building that currently houses our offices, sanctuary, nurseries and classrooms. I just checked and unfortunately, the part where God really did amazing things wasn't recorded.

But let me just tell you about it. Pastor Jim walked in and said hello after the worship time, just like any other Sunday... But today he told us that we had an opportunity to open the big huge white building in the back, but that it needed to be done in the next 4 weeks or the township would no longer allow it. And in order to finish the project, we needed $25,000. So he said, if you can help, here's a card. Write what you want to contribute on the card.

This building will house a gym, basketball courts, all sorts of stuff like that. Pastor Jim also said while he was passing out the cards that he was ordering the things that the gym needed to be built tomorrow. He was walking by faith that God would make that happen.

He got the cards back... they were added... we raised over $60,000 between the 9am service and the 10:30am services!!! More than double what we needed! God is so amazing!



After that church experience, Pastor Jim went on to preach an amazing sermon! Watch or listen to it here. Yesterday, after calling and checking in with Jocelyn to see how she was doing, she said that she could really use some help after I got out of church tomorrow since she still isn't feeling well and could just use a hand by having a break from lifting the girls and all that. I called Jocelyn after I got out of church to see if she still wanted me to come over, and she said that she would like me to come in from 2pm to 8pm.

Now, I have had a VERY strict policy for a long time, no exceptions, I do NOT work on Sundays. Sunday is the day of worship. Sunday is the day for Jack and I to spend time as a family. Sunday is NOT for work. Of course Jesus talks about how if your animal was stuck would you not get it out regardless of what day it was. And for a friend, I wanted to be able to be there for her. So I went in... begrudgingly.

I also had to do 6 showers today... which each and every one of these ladies hates showers. They don't like to be cold and wet, they don't like the whole 15 minute process and they fight it the whole way. So the ladies were miserable and I was busy the whole time. By the time it came to do dinner, I had finished with 5 out of 6 showers and then I had to cook dinner. Jack brought me over some beef stew that we made together before I left for work and it was super yummy, and he stayed through the girls dinner.

The oldest lady there, Florence (Flo) is and has been stuck in bed for about a week. She barely has the energy to get up out of bed and use the toilet right in her bedroom, so she never comes out of her room any more. She is absolutely at the end of her life here on earth. Her skin is yellow, her eyes are yellow, her belly is swelling. And every day for the last few weeks God has been saying to me, "talk to Florence about Heaven."

And today I finally got up the courage to talk to her! Florence told me that she hopes that she's going to Heaven and I told her that there was a way to know for sure. And that all she had to do was pray the prayer of faith and ask Jesus into her heart! I offered to pray with her and she said, oh no, I wouldn't want to take up your time. I sat down next to her and held her hand and prayed with her! She accepted Jesus as her savior and prayed for God to forgive her of her sins and for Jesus to come into her heart! It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced! Thank you God for sending me to work on a day that I would rather have scrubbed my kitchen floor grout than gone to work!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments below.