Sunday, January 2, 2011

I'm so grateful!

I just wanted to say how grateful I am to all of you who wanted to stay in contact! We are so overwhelmed with love and support :) So hi to you all and much love to you all! I had no idea that many people were reading and keeping up on what we were sharing.

What an amazing start to the new year!

On New Year's Eve, we had Jack's brother, Daren, and his fiance, Kelly, over for dinner. We had cheese fondue (and silly me, I didn't take any pictures, so I will have to get Kelly to email them to me.) It was a pretty impressive spread. Lots of different dippers of different kinds of breads and crackers and also lots of fruits and vegetables. Then we relaxed for a while and came back for round two and had chocolate fondue with an equally impressive set of dippers. This is the third new year that the four of us have rang in together. 2007, 2009 and 2011! We should make it our tradition because we just have such a good time. We are incredibly blessed to have family that are our best friends too.

Today is my dad's 56th birthday! We went to his house for a party for him this afternoon. Happy birthday Dad!

Yesterday, thanks to the unseasonably warm weather, Jack and I went and got a whole load of wood from one of Jack's friends who has a tree trimming business who saves wood for us. We brought back 3-4 weeks worth of wood for our wood burning stove to heat our house. I'm so thankful we made that decision to buy that before this winter. We spent about $9,500 on it all together and so far this winter, I would guess we have probably saved about $800-$1000 worth of propane by using it and burning wood we got for free.

Our wood pile isn't all the way back to what it was before winter, but it is probably enough to get us through until the weather comes back above freezing again. We have another almost full load full of wood back at Jack's friends house and then we have a full tree that we cut down and couldn't haul back to our house from the in-law's property that should still be there. It's an hour drive from our house to out there though, so we haven't made it back out there yet to get it. Maybe 45 minutes but still it's a hike.

I am starting to calm down and relax after all of the holiday festivities for the past few months and I'm starting to get back into the swing of things. We drove past the library today and I realized that I can't wait to get working on my 75 book goal. I think I'm going to make a tally of the books I read on a side bar at the side of the blog here. That way I can keep track of exactly what books I read, plus people can see what I'm reading and follow along if they want to or ask for book reviews. I'm also realizing that in 17 days Jack will turn 30. I think we might have a party for him, but I'm not sure. And then my 25th birthday is in 5 weeks. Maybe we will have a combo birthday party since there's only a couple weeks in between. That would be fun.

It's only 5:16 and the dogs have been out, we ate until we were stuffed at my dad's birthday party and now there's a load of laundry finishing in the washer and one more ready to go in and we will have all of all of our laundry done and ready for the week. I think I'm going to go pick up a book and get started on my book reading goal.

Hope you all had a very happy and safe New Year!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a nice new years!!! Glad you had a wonderful evening :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.