Saturday, January 29, 2011

Midnight call.

Last night after getting home around 10:30 from hanging out with Lisa, I was sitting on the couch watching a couple episodes on Hulu while Jack finished up in the garage. I was really getting into my Royal Pains episode and I didn't realize that it was 11:45pm. My phone rang.

It was Jocelyn, my friend that I work for, my friend that owns and runs the nursing home. At 2pm when I left her house yesterday, I asked her to call me and keep me in the loop about Flo, and that if she passed away this weekend to give me a shout and let me know. So immediately, my stomach sinks and I think that it is Jocelyn telling me that Florence had passed away. When I answered the phone, it was Matt, Jocelyn's boyfriend! I'm thinking okay, Jocelyn must be upset, that's why I'm hearing from Matt.

Turns out Jocelyn was having terrible chest pains and needed to go to the Emergency Room! He says, I hate to ask you this, but is there any way you can come over so we can go to the hospital? Um. Yeah.

Jack and I put the dogs in the cages, threw on shoes and made it to Jocelyn's within 15 minutes of Matt calling me. Jocelyn and Matt were in the garage waiting to hop in the car and go, and as soon as we got there they did. We went inside, I checked on all the girls and calmed down Ardith who was awake, got her back in bed and we sat on the couch and waited to hear from Jocelyn.

We were there probably an hour and she called and was able to talk and said that she was feeling much better and that she was going to come home and see the on call doctor that was coming to her house in the morning, and that she was coming home. She got back maybe 20 minutes later and was able to talk and explain her pain and she said she think she can make it through the night.

We were home within 2 hours of getting the phone call. So while we're a little tired this morning, we still have a lot of work to do today with cutting up wood and stocking our wood pile. I think I'm going to take some before and after pictures just to give ideas of what we're up to!

Jack is out getting gas for my truck and for the chainsaw right now and I should probably get dressed in some warm clothes to get ready to truck out in the 5" of extra snow we got. Plus we are going out into the field so we might have as much as 12" in some places or more. Fun! I'm glad it's not that cold though! It's only 25°F, so it shouldn't be too bad. It might get to the point where we're just working in sweatshirts and vests instead of having to wear the full winter jackets.

So prayers for Jocelyn if you can spare them, I haven't heard back from her about how the doctor's visit this morning went. I'm hoping she's out of pain now.

1 comment:

  1. That has happened to me before- so scary. They told me I had acid reflux disease, lol. I hope it was nothing serious and that she is okay!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.