Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tagged!

Thanks to Heather, whose blog I stalk read! I love surveys! I think they're super fun and I'd love to play along.


1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
We have 3 furry children. Kitty - born August 19, 2006. Bessie - born December 25, 2007. Dixie - born April 4, 2010. Since I know all of their birth dates, even the kitty's... It's pretty obvious that they're family members right? Mother-In-Law, Father-In-Law and my mom all refer to them as grandkitty and granddogs. (Well okay, maybe father-in-law doesn't say it out loud but he thinks it in his heart, I know it.)

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?
Never have trouble conceiving children for the rest of our lives.

3. what is the one thing most hated by you?
Sounds that come from the mouth. Breathing, chewing, smacking, swallowing... all of that... drives me up a wall!

4. what would you do with a billion dollars?
Tithe. Pay off our house. Go on a long vacation. Save a LOT. Buy the dogs new dog beds ;)

5. what helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
That's a toughie... Ask Jack, he'll tell you... when I'm in a bad mood, I pretty much have to go to bed and hope tomorrow I don't wake up still grumpy.


6. which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
Being loved I think... but they are pretty close.

7. what is your bedtime routine?
Jack lets the dogs out, I brush my teeth, check my email, read my bible app on my phone, play a game on my phone, giggle and talk with Jack and mess with his pillow while he's getting ready for bed and eventually tire out and go to sleep.

8. if you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
Happily married. Headed towards our 4th wedding anniversary! Met my husband through my sister.

9. if you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
Ummmm I'm not sure. I would love to watch Sherry from Young House Love shop at her favorite stores for sure. I love home decor and I never can pick up just the right piece to make the room look complete. I would also love to watch an artist paint a picture. I would love to listen to a musician write a song. I pretty much love all creativity :)

10. what kinds of books do you read?
I LOVE to read. I love Amish fiction, Christian fiction of any kind, regency novels, historical fiction, novels about quilters. And I love the Bible. Check out my book list on the side for what I have recently read. One of my 2011 Resolutions was to read 75 books this year. While working 2 jobs and around 45-50 hours a week, I have still read 14 books! Love it!

11. how would you see yourself in ten years time?
Way more in love with Jack, Lots of kids, house almost all the way paid off (if not all the way!), loving the soccer mom life.

12. what’s your fear?
Losing Jack.

13. would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
I have no desire to go to outer space. I'll see all that when I go to Heaven. But I suppose there are some things on this Earth I might give up junk food forever for... like... to get pregnant, heck yeah.

14. would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
married.

15. what’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Try to talk myself out of whatever I have planned that morning that is making me get up.

16. if you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
He's God's work in progress, not mine!

17. if you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I already got a new name when we got married :) But I love my name.


18. would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special
someone has done?
I know that I am called to do that and commanded to do that, but I do struggle with forgiveness. And I don't believe the Bible tells us to forget. We have to be wise. Our Pastor gave us a wonderful example of this principal one time we were struggling with forgive and forget. We just could NOT forget what happened and because we couldn't forget, we acted differently and we thought there was something wrong with that. He kindly explained to us that there was nothing wrong with that! He said, If I came over to your house for dinner and we all had a great time and then I went home and you noticed that your wallet was missing out of your purse. And You call me up and say, Hey Pastor Jim, have you seen my wallet? And I answer ya, "Yeah, I took it. And I spent all your money too." What are you supposed to do? Well you are supposed to forgive me. So next time when you have me over for dinner, do you leave your wallet out? NO. You need to be smart.

19. if you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
I could never eat just one thing for 6 months... I would get so sick of it!



The people who I know who normally blog haven't been keeping them up lately, so anyone who wants to play along go for it!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new layout! You need a cute little header!!! Also, I didn't know you were a yhl fan...I love them! I have been reading them for like 2 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Heather!! I just stumbled upon YHL and ABP a few months ago. I like John & Sherry's writing style muuuuch better though. And, I think you're right! I do need a header!! I just have to decide on the right pictures :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.