Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Woke up feeling even more excited!

I have so many things that I am so excited about now! I am excited to fill out our applications. I am excited to go full steam ahead into the classes and training. I'm excited to shop for furniture for our bedrooms to make the rooms complete for foster children. I'm excited to meet our future children!!

I can't wait to fill their little closets with clothes and toys and books. I can just picture Jack and I reading to them before bed and waking up in the morning to their precious faces. What an amazing day it will be when we get to Christmas shop for these little kids. I am so excited to fill their hearts with joy every day of the year, I'm so excited to be able to be a part of this. I'm so incredibly blessed for the opportunity to shine the love of Christ through us and be able to show these children what that perfect love feels like!

I can't stop imagining the precious moments that we will get to be a part of. The things we will get to share and teach. The sound of happy children playing with the animals, the vision of Jack giving the kids a ride on the tractor as he mows the lawn. These are all the dreams we've held on to for the last three years, and they can come true!

God has prepared our hearts for this. I'm so humbled by the opportunity to experience parenthood. I'm so grateful to be able to fall in love with my husband all over again as I watch him be a father to these fatherless children, and I can't wait for him to see me as a mother to these children.

I just can't stop thanking God for such an amazing husband to go through this journey with and rejoicing over an opportunity to experience something we had all but stopped dreaming that we might have.

5 comments:

  1. What a great entry! I'm sure we'll find new things everyday we will love watching each other do with these children. I'm sure the whole experience will be a blessing in more ways than we can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you! :D
    What's the timeline on how long it takes to get certified/trained and all that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittan - It could take anywhere from 3 months to 6 months depending how fast we get all the paperwork in! I'm hoping it will be closer to the 3 month mark :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotcha! Well I will be praying for minimal red tape to have to go through.
    And sorry about the double comment, sometimes this thing is tricky and I can't tell if it worked correctly.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.