Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Can I get a double thumbs down??

Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am never the one to complain about crazy Michigan weather... or long winters. I love Michigan and I love the weather here.

But this... this just isn't cool.

It's March 22nd.

Photobucket


This sort of weather is leaving us finding other ways to amuse ourselves.

So I decided to share with my faithful readers an odd tid-bit about our house... or rather, something in our house.

Please, do not be offended. I just want to prepare you in advance, what you're about to see is a little racy.

Photobucket

From the first day we put these cabinets up, Jack and I have spent countless time just laughing at this.

The weather lately has inspired a little silliness... which inspired this:

Photobucket

In other not so exciting news...
Photobucket

I painted the door to our laundry room the other day. I don't know why I waited so long! Why do I wait so long to do such simple things that make such a huge difference in the look of our house? The color is Snow White :)

Oh yea, that is a little doggy treat jar. That's Bessie's. For her first birthday, my mom came to visit us in Wisconsin. Bessie is also our first baby, so we constantly and incessantly gushed about how smart she is and all that she could do. In Bessie's defense, she really is the smartest dog I've ever seen. So anyway, I digress, the dog treat thinger... My mom thought it was so cute and was sure that Bessie would never figure out how to use it. It took me about 5 minutes to teach her how to use it... and she's been using it ever since. She likes to be entertained and that's actually how she eats her food... so it's not treats in it, that's her actual dog food. Another random Irons household ditty.



Here's Bessie being taught how to do it for the first time in 2008. Bessie just turned 3 this past Christmas, so she's been eating like this for two years.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks!! That was from her first birthday :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, it took me a minute there with the masking tape, then I had a pretty good laugh :D I love that video! That's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is both hilarious and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOUBLE THUMBS DOWN INDEED!
    That cabinet is hilarious! And that is so cute how Bessie eats!
    I love your drapess you have in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks girls :)

    I almost sent the cabinet door back but I thought it might be something we could remember and laugh at for years to come.

    And thank you Brittan, I made them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Betsie eating, I think my yellow lab would love that too. He is obsessed with food and that would slow him down.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.