Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Infertility surprises me.

On Monday night, I went with my best friend's mom, who just recently started going to our church, to a Women of the Word event. Basically, it begins at 6pm with an hour of prayer time, then Pastor's wife does a 45 minute sermon and then after that the women are dismissed to all sorts of different bible classes that you can pick from. All was going well until about the last 10 minutes of the sermon. Suddenly I was reminded why the Spring is the most difficult time of year for Jack and I. Mother's Day and Father's Day. Barf.

The sermon went from "Bloom where you are planted" very quickly to "What Are Mother's Day Plans?" I felt like disappearing.

All of a sudden, I was reminded how once again, I don't fit in. I'm not a mother. I couldn't run out of that place fast enough.

I have been in a funk since :/

Jack and I have been wanting to try the couple's class on Wednesday nights but now I'm afraid the same thing will happen. I hate infertility. I hate the isolation that comes with it. It's 6:22pm and it starts at 6:30. Somehow, another week has gone by where we have been able to talk ourselves out of going.

I hope this is our last Mother's Day and Father's Day without children.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Allie. Infertility smacks us all in the face sometimes. ((HUGS)) I hope you'll have a house full of kids by next Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely feel your pain. We're one of the very few couples without children in our couple's group at church. I try to look at things positively, but sometimes it's just so very hard. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.