Sunday, April 17, 2011

Basement bedroom almost finished

I say that all matter-of-factly, as though I actually contributed to the project myself. In fact, it was my darling husband who has done the work. I did my part by staying out of the basement while he worked. I have to admit, I'm a horrible back seat driver. And, when it comes to projects, I "help" in exactly the same way. Jack appreciates it when I help from upstairs, so this time, I did.

Anyway, the walls are completely framed in as well as the closet and now all that space needs is some good old fashioned dry wall and mud and sand. Then it will be time for paint and trim and then flooring. I think my mom will be very pleased with her space :) I am anxious to see the finished product!

This morning we are up early getting ready for church. I'm excited to get there early. For several months now, this man who comes forward to collect the offering has decided that he likes to sit where we sit. At first when he discovered how nice the seats were he commented to us, "Wow, you must get here early to get those seats!" And I told him that as a matter of fact, you do have to get there early for them!! They are in the 2nd row, right in the center, right behind the small monitor on the floor that has the lyrics for the band members on them and the scripture that they put up on the big screens above so that the people speaking can see it too. Because the little screen is there, there are no chairs there which means no one sits there... which means it is the perfect spot for a short person like all 5'2" of me to sit! This man, whose name I believe is Steve, has recently begun to find it amusing to get there before us and sit in our seats!! So every week it is a race to see who gets there first. Both of us graciously concede to the other person if they get them before us :P

Tomorrow is the big Women of the Word event that I have been looking forward to for months. This Christian author is coming to our church to speak about her book. I wanted to see this speaker before I even knew who she was or what her book was about, but once I read the book, there was no way I could miss it. This speaker struggled with infertility for almost a decade and then eventually God led her and her husband to adoption and back to the Lord. Her testimony is woven with so many things that I have experienced myself and I am so excited to go and see this and maybe get her to autograph my copy of her book!

Anyway, time to go brush my teeth and run out the door to church. We have to beat Steve and his wife Deb to get the good spots ;) I hope you all are finding time to spend with your families and the ones you love today and are joining me and the fellow believers in Worship of the King of Kings! Especially the week before Easter!

1 comment:

Feel free to leave your comments below.