Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trout Lake Memorial Day Weekend Recap in Pictures

Don't mind the open gas cap... Jack was emptying the gas cans into my truck so he could put fresh in the cans for the dirt bikes.  I don't just make a habit out of leaving my gas cap off and door open like that ;)
The dogs were very interested in everything that was going on with loading the truck.
It's kind of hard to get an accurate picture to show the size of my dogs.  This is a pretty good one.  I'm 5'3" and the top of Dixie's head when she's sitting down next to me goes higher than my belly button.
Me and the mutts ready to go.

Driving along.


I got bored while driving and tried a new hairstyle that my future sister-in-law showed me.


Pretty rough for my first go at it, but it was fun to try! 

I saw the Mackinac Bridge first!! (See it poking up over the trees near the center?)
My Trout Lake or Bust window sign!! 
Getting closer to the U.P.
The Mighty Mac!! 
Lake Michigan
Lake Huron and Mackinac Island

Well hello there.... I can't believe the fare went up to $3.50 this year!! 
I also saw Castle Rock first.
We're here!! This is walking around the side of the house out to the lake.  The dogs were exploring before we went inside.

Aunt Annie getting a quilt ready to put on her quilt rack
Double checking everything on her quilt rack before she gets her long arm going.
The room where we stayed
This is me whooping my uncle Dave on Rock Band.  I played on expert and he played on Medium :)
The dogs were cashed out from swimming and chasing the ball into the lake. 
That is the infamous "Hut" that has been resided to match the house.  We didn't stay in there but maybe next time we will, there are bunk beds in there also.
And then loading the truck back up to go home :) 
I didn't get any pictures of us out riding because it wasn't very safe to be taking our camera out with us.  I kinda didn't know if I was going to have to swim my bike through a big lake or crash into a tree or down a ravine so I didn't want to risk my camera just to get some nice pictures.  We went on some awesome trails and I think that is my favorite place to ride.  

So now we are just super glad to be home and are ready to get back to life as we know it.  Time to spit shine the whole house so that we can get ready for the licensing worker who is coming for our first meeting on Saturday morning.  It's hard to believe that today is Tuesday and that's on Saturday! 

After all that hoopla dies down, I also have to get ready to meet with the Women's Ministry leaders at our church because Jack and I are starting up infertility awareness at our church and support groups for women and couples struggling with infertility.  I am pretty excited about that too! 

And one more thing!! Blogger added a few new features, and one of them is to subscribe by email notification and Blogger sends out the emails automatically (or so I assume) so go ahead and sign up over on the left hand side at the top of the page. 






1 comment:

  1. The braid looks so pretty! I love it! Looks like you guys had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.