Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Who Are We?

Jack and I went on our first date in December 2005.  After a year and a half of dating, Jack popped the question and we were engaged in June 2007.  We married in November 2007.  We married young, I was 21 and he was 26.  We moved to Wisconsin right after our wedding and lived there for just shy of two years and moved back to Michigan the week of our second wedding anniversary. 

We bought our first house in May of 2010, and have spent the last year working our butts off getting it to be how we want it.  I have painted every square inch of the top two floors, we have replaced almost every floor covering, new carpet in 2,000 square feet of the house!  We have replaced almost every cabinet in the kitchen and every single major and minor appliance in the house.  (Besides the air conditioner, please God let us keep that one for a while!)

We have 3 animals.  One cat, who doesn't have a name.  Jack got him for me from his aunt in the late summer of 2006.  After we moved to Wisconsin, the first week we were there we got our Bessie.  She's a purebred yellow lab.  The first month that we were in our new house, we brought home my Dixie.  Dixie is a purebred 150+ pound English Mastiff.  She's a silver fawn. 

We love kids and have been trying to add to our family since the month we moved to Wisconsin, February 2008.  It turns out that we will not be able to conceive naturally short of a miracle.  After figuring out that infertility treatments are no longer for us, we are moving on to foster/adopt.  We hope to make a difference in the lives of children and families in our community and we hope to add to our family that way hopefully.

We also  love to be outdoors, camping and walking the dogs and riding our dirt bikes are a few of our favorite things to do together.  I used to love to run, and I'm trying to remind myself all of the wonderful things that I loved about it.  I'm also getting better at riding my dirt bike.  Jack has been riding on two wheels since right after he learned to walk, literally before I was born.  I just got my first dirt bike last summer, so I'm learning!

We are both head over heels in love with God and the Lord of our lives, Jesus Christ.  We hope and strive to live our lives for Him and through Him.  We also hope to glorify God in all that we do.  I have always been a writer, I have handwritten journals that go back to 5th grade, so it only makes sense that I continue on in doing what I have always done and focus my writing to give my testimony to share with others!  So that is really mine (and our) hope for this blog, that we will be able to share how God works in our lives and what our life is like.  So follow along and join the adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.