Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award!!

Krystal over at Our Charm City Life has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! 
I love finding new bloggers to read :) 


For these awards, the blogger must:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award &
link back to their site in your original post.
2. Tell us seven things about yourself.
3. Pass along the award to five newly discovered bloggers. (I did 6 - I don't care :P)
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they got this award.

A little about myself:
1. I knew I was going to marry my husband about 6 months before we officially started dating... and he told me he loved me after two weeks of dating.

2. I am super strong.  I can carry my husband on my back :) And I can lift and carry 80 pound logs no problem.

3.  I LOVE to read.  I lost a library book recently, so I have to go pay for that and then I will be back to reading full time... I hate losing library books.  It probably happened because of our trip up north two weekends in a row.

4.  When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a veterinarian.  From middle school on, all I wanted to do was be a mom.

5.  I like BIG dogs. 

6.  I am no where close to the person that I used to be.  And I don't miss her at all :) Still working towards being the person that I am supposed to be.  God changes me and is working on me every single day!
7.  I really want a big family.  And I love big family gatherings.

Six Blogs that I have tagged :)
1.  kelly.marie - My future Sister-In-Law... she's a brand new blogger and awesome already.  She's got lots of different things going on - Wedding planning, home decorating, cooking and baking recipes, animals and fashion.
2.  Young House Love - Seriously, if you haven't started following John and Sherry Petersik, you should.  They are the cutest couple, married on 7/7/07 in their own DIY backyard wedding, bought their second house recently and they are DIY EVERYTHING.  They recently did a big console that looks pretty fabulous, a patio, and even some curtains... and Sherry and John seem to tackle anything and everything.  No project too big for the Petersiks... plus they have a cute little dog Burger and a cute little baby, Clara.  Love them.  Lots.
3.  This Space For Rent - My dear friend, Megan, writes about her adventures in life and infertility and life as an army wife.  Love it, love her.  She's super honest and down to earth and always has something interesting to say!
4.  Reach In, Reach Out, Reach Up - Heather writes about her life, her walk with Christ, her journey through infertility, pregnancy loss, mission trips and adoption.  Love her and her honest approach.  She is the sweetest girl, and just reading her blog makes you want to send her e-cards :)
5.  When Hello Means Goodbye - Katie and Robb chronicle their life after losing their son Brenham Jay, who was born too soon, in February of 2008.  They have adopted two ADORABLE little boys, Grayden and Sadler.  They are still in the process of finalizing Salder's adoption and he is just under 2 months old :)
6.  Just Married Real Estate - My friend from way back in 6th grade is writing a blog with her husband.  Anne and Nick write together about all sorts of different things.  Anne is in the Fashion industry and way into fashion... (Even back in middle school I remember her having all sorts of fabulous clothes.) And Nick is a real estate agent.  They live right outside New York City.  Just an adorable newlywed couple with all sorts of adorable subjects that they talk about!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man you're so sweet! Thanks so much for the kind words and for including us among so many other awesome blogs!

    xoxo,
    Sherry (& John & Burger & Clara)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are adoreably precious, thanks for the shout out.

    AND OMG john and sherry POSTED on YOUR blog!!! I have been reading them for years. my friend taylor and i often refer to them as "our friends, you know, john and sherry"

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is such a great award to receive!!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.