Tuesday, August 2, 2011

25 Resolutions ... More than halfway through the year already. Update


# 1 : My #1 most important goal for 2011 is to finish reading the Bible cover to cover. Still plugging along... 

# 2 : Spend more time with my husband and getting to know how better and growing closer to him. Never have I felt so close to my love.

# 3 : Get to my goal weight!! Gonna have to put this off until March ;)

# 4 : Quit biting my nails. DONE!

#5 : Get pregnant. DONE!  See here.

# 6 : Personally lead at least 1 person to know Christ as their personal savior. Done! See here.

# 7 : Spend more time growing my friendships.  Happy with this progress this year.

# 8 : Join some kind of a small group. Doing the Women of the Word

# 9 : Get more involved with our church. We went on a Couple's Retreat and Couple's Date Night, and attempted to start an Infertility Ministry.


# 10 : Become members at our church. January 23rd!

# 11 : Finish at least 10 quilts. (For me!) Nope!! I have barely sewn a thing all year!

# 12 : Read at least 75 books.  Looking for book # 50!  Check out my progress at my Master List!

# 13 : Keep my house cleaner! I think I'm doing fairly well with this.... not so much in the last 2 weeks though.

# 14 : Get to know my neighbors better.  Ehh.

# 15 : Sing in front of my church congregation. Not yet.

# 16 : Save $20,000.  We aren't going to meet this goal lol.  Maybe $10,000.

# 17: Pray for my family and friends daily. Yup.

# 18: Finish reading the Bible through the first time (I'm about 55% done) and read it a second time all the way through. Still going on first time through :/

# 19: Rely on God for the big things and the little things. Working on that.

# 20: Share my faith with at least 1 new person a week. I feel like this blog is my avenue to reach new people. I'm always getting new subscribers and I can't even believe how many views I have on this blog... I think it's over 17,000 now!!

# 21: Find a person to bless each week.  Working on me right now ;) 

# 22: No Fast Food and No Pop. Yup, besides very occasional situations.

# 23: Paint my 2nd Bedroom. Done!! I wish I had remembered the date, but I think it was in March or April.

# 24: Learn something new. I've learned a lot of new things :)

# 25: Take a vacation. We went on lots of vacations in May!! I'm hoping we will have one more this fall but I don't know if I will be up to it. 



So... Out of my 25.... I have completed : 18.  
So far I feel pretty awesome about that.  I think it's awesome that I am on book 50 out of 75!  I am more than 50% through the Bible... I don't know if I'll make it to read it a second time.  Out of the ones that I have not completed... I can't diet any more,  I've sort of lost interest for now on sewing anything, I have no idea why.  

I think I've done an awesome job... most times when I make resolutions they are forgotten by the end of January.  I'm pretty impressed with myself :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.