Friday, September 2, 2011

Good morning chatter

Good morning y'all.  Yep, I said y'all.

It's just a normal morning (sickness) around here!  The dogs are still being lazy, it's only 8:30 and I have been up for an hour or more just hugging my bowl and browsing around the internet.  I found this cute little vlog that I might do some time, basically it's an accent vlog (video blog) and you read a list of words and answer a list of questions so that people can hear what words you say and what they sound like.  I'm particularly excited about it because on the list of words is "Iron."  I've been laughing at all the southerners who say "Aah-rn"  because that's how my West Virginian/Tennessee in-laws pronounce it too.  (Irons is our last name.) 

It's going to be a hot day, close to 100 and 100% humidity.  NASTY!  I thought we were done with this, but this will probably be our last hot day of the year... which I am very thankful for.  Jack wants me to close all of the windows and turn on the air conditioner, but I don't want to get off my wallet lol.  Jack says that to me all the time, I guess I'm really cheap.  "Get off your wallet!!"  Which is kinda funny, considering the fact that I stay at home :)... Well whatever.  I call it FRUGAL.  We can make it through one more hot day without A/C!  Our neighbor on the South side doesn't even have air conditioning.  I just found this out a few weeks ago.  His house is the same age as ours, 12 years this year, and he just never took the time to put in an a/c.  I guess he just kept telling himself, if it gets really hot next summer, I'll do it.  And every summer he makes it through without it.  But, he does have a 1 story house where ours is 2, and it gets really hot upstairs.

This morning/afternoon, my sister-in-law and I are headed up to Hobby Lobby.  My best friend is having a baby in October and her mom is throwing a shower and I wanted to go up there to find some decorations or craft paper or something, I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for, but Hobby Lobby is perfect.  And Kelly had never been (blasphemy!!) so I thought it would be fun to make a trek up there.  Hobby lobby is about 35ish minutes from my house.  And my house is about 35ish minutes from Kelly & Daren's apartment, so she's driving here and then I will drive up to Hobby Lobby!  I haven't been in a long time and I'm pretty excited.  Hopefully I have the energy to make it around the store! 

This evening, my sister flies in to town from New Jersey.  I am pretty excited, I think the last time I saw her was Easter? No way, has it really been that long?  It was some sort of holiday where all of my family was together at my aunt's house.  I have no idea.   Anyway, with my sister in town it's sure to be a family centric weekend.  My dad picks her up tonight and she's staying there tonight.  Then my mom picks her up in the morning and heads out my way to see me.  Then she's going back with my mom to go see her friend who lives in the same condo complex as my mom (my mom is renting my sister's condo).  Then on Sunday morning she and said friend are coming out my way to go out to brunch at the Historic Holly Hotel with another friend.  (Don't be a creeper and come find us... but if you haven't been there, their brunch is fabulous :) ) Then from there, she is heading back with her friend to my mom's condo to hang out there.  Then on Monday she's heading back to my Dad's where I'm sure Jack and I will eventually end up for some sort of a bbq.  Dear M/S, please cooperate with all of the aforementioned plans.

In other absolutely fabulous news, our escrow account on our mortgage FINALLY got straightened out.  We should be receiving a refund of nearly $3,700!!!! Thank you Chase for holding on to our money the last 16 months, how very kind of you to FINALLY return it to us!! Oh, and THANK YOU for finally lowering our payment back down!! When we signed our mortgage, it was supposed to be $750ish and that was supposed to include the mortgage payment, taxes and insurance.  Well the taxes were figured incorrectly because we missed the homestead date by FOUR DAYS, which sucked.  Then our Escrow account was over drew $1.  Yes, ONE DOLLAR.  So they re-evaluated and decided that they never wanted that to happen again... so we had to pay $1050 a month for the last 14 months!! We were S.O.L. to the extreme.  FINALLY, they are refunding that extra $400 each month that they made us pay into escrow and they lowered our payment back down to $715!!  NOW it feels like we wanted it to feel when we bought our house.  SHEESH.  Of course, our new payments don't start until November 1st, but the end is in sight!!  Only one more ridiculous payment of $1050. 

One more thing... I want to cut my hair.  I have super long hair... and I'm so incredibly sick of it.  I am almost considering taking the scissors to it myself.  (Just kidding Sami Jo lol... I would never leave a mess like that for you to clean up.... - Hair dresser shout out!!)  It takes me at least a half hour to brush through it when I am in the shower, with a wide tooth comb, with half a bottle of conditioner in it.  I don't even have curly hair!! Why is my hair turning against me?!  Jack cringes every time I make negative remarks about my hair.  I think he knows what's coming and he's not happy about it.  My man likes long hair.  I prefer it, but not at the expense of my sanity. 

So that's what's goin on. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Hobby Lobby, too! Where is there one by you? GLC?
    Ok- you will definitely not have a 1/2 hour to comb through your hair, in the shower, after baby comes. I'm sure you have realized that! haha! I've donated mine twice. I get sick of it too! There is only a handful of women I know who have kept their long hair around, after having a baby. I did it with Meren, but not with Elia.
    I have a friend who is a hairdresser and changes her hair ALL. THE. TIME! Her hubby likes it because he feels like he comes home to a different woman each month, lol??? Maybe tell Jack that. hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.