Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Resolutions RECAP :)

25 resolutions was A HUGE undertaking, and since finding out I was pregnant in July, I pretty much crapped the bed on just about every last thing and barely tried at all.  But hey, I definitely put in a valiant effort from January to July :) 


# 1 : My #1 most important goal for 2011 is to finish reading the Bible cover to cover. According to my YouVersion App, I'm not done.  :( Fail.  The only book I know for SURE I have not read is Revelation all the way through but I've read about 85% of it. 

# 2 : Spend more time with my husband and getting to know how better and growing closer to him. I love him <3

# 3 : Get to my goal weight!!  This one will have to be put off but for really good reason.  I did do weight watchers this year and lose 15 lbs!  But pregnancy has definitely changed that haha.

# 4 : Quit biting my nails. :)

#5 : Get pregnant. DONE!  See here.

# 6 : Personally lead at least 1 person to know Christ as their personal savior. Done! See here.

# 7 : Spend more time growing my friendships.  I think the people that I have grown the closest to this year are my sister in law, my mom and my husband.

# 8 : Join some kind of a small group. I did some classes at church for a little while there, but Jack and I STILL haven't joined a small group. :(

# 9 : Get more involved with our church. We went on a Couple's Retreat and Couple's Date Night, and attempted to start an Infertility Ministry.


# 10 : Become members at our church. January 23rd!

# 11 : Finish at least 10 quilts. (For me!) Nope! Not even close.  I did ONE baby quilt. 

# 12 : Read at least 75 books.   Check out my progress at my Master List!  I think I finished 55ish.  :/ fail.

# 13 : Keep my house cleaner! yeah. I think I've done a pretty good job considering how sick I've been in the last 6 months haha.

# 14 : Get to know my neighbors better.  fail.

# 15 : Sing in front of my church congregation. Nope

# 16 : Save $.  We didn't meet this goal.  We got to about halfway to where we were aiming.

# 17: Pray for my family and friends daily. Yup.

# 18: Finish reading the Bible through the first time  and read it a second time all the way through. Didn't finish 1 complete trip through it. Big fail.

# 19: Rely on God for the big things and the little things.  This is a daily goal lol.

# 20: Share my faith with at least 1 new person a week.  I don't think I did that well with this one, but mostly because I was pretty antisocial all year.

# 21: Find a person to bless each week.  I really concentrated on Jack.  I was much better about this when I was working around other people and stuff.

# 22: No Fast Food and No Pop. We did pretty good with this for about 6 months.  We are definitely doing this again.

# 23: Paint my 2nd Bedroom. Done!! I wish I had remembered the date, but I think it was in March or April.

# 24: Learn something new. I've learned a lot of new things :)

# 25: Take a vacation. We went on lots of vacations in May!! I'm hoping we will have one more this fall but I don't know if I will be up to it. 




So - Overall.... I think I did really well on my resolutions... I don't think I'm going to be quite so ambitious in 2012.  But this was a fun challenge!! And I think my favorite resolution was leading at least one person to Christ.  That was an amazing experience that I hope to have over and over and over again in my life!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.