Saturday, December 10, 2011

26 Weeks Pregnant!



How far along:  26 weeks! 98 days to go!! Yesterday I hit double digits!! Amazing considering I started 250+ days ago :)
How big is baby: He's still growing in the 13.6- to 14.8-inch and 1.5- to 2.5-pound range, and developing his senses, features and talents!
Maternity clothes:  Yup. I got some new ones in the mail that I ordered from Old Navy last week and I love them :) Yay for Old Navy not sucking!!
Sleep:  I can't sleep.  (Now if someone tells me I should get used to it, I will slap them... so... be warned.  Grumpy, uncomfortable pregnant lady here.)
Best moment of the week:  Still feeling Arie kicking and my best friend online FINALLY got her BFP!!! IVF#1 was a success and she is "exceptionally pregnant" ... please head over to Megan's blog to congratulate her!!!!!
Food aversions:  Ehhh... I really don't like sweets.  I think I've been saying that a lot lately, but I really really don't.  They make me feel sick.  
Food cravings: None really.  I ate some pickles this week and felt like a quintessential pregnant lady :) 
Symptoms:  Still throwing up, my joints are all losing their power and my knee keeps threatening to go out just about every time I put weight on it.  My back is also out, but I haven't made it to a prenatal chiropractor yet... and when I stretch my legs in bed, they are constantly threatening to cramp and charlie horse right up, but they don't.  So thankfully I've avoided the dreaded leg cramping :)
Movement:  All sorts of movement every day!! I think the most surprising thing to me about the movement is how much he kicks and WHERE he's kicking.  This little man can kick all the way up into my ribs!! Only a couple weeks ago the only place he was kicking was below my belly button!
What I’m looking forward to: According to my Pregnancy Day by Day, I'm in my 3rd trimester.  So, I'm going with it.  I'm starting my 27th week (26 weeks, 1 day is the 27th week) and that is close enough for me.  I am really really looking forward to my baby showers :) I know we have 99% of everything that we need and one quick trip to the store will really have us squared away since we bought so much for our foster kids, we have it all... but I am really just looking forward to getting together and celebrating with my loved ones and friends!!
What I miss:  Nothing, it's definitely worth it.
Next appt:  Right before Christmas. 


 This is the only sex specific outfit that we bought since November 2007... Jack picked it out... and it has waited and waited in a box for our son!
 This is the first outfit that we bought when we started trying.  I'm thinking it was probably January or February of 2008.  Hard to believe that it will be over 4 years later that our little muchkin gets to finally wear my favorite outfit that I've ever bought.
 This is the pile of clothes that we have saved for Arie since we started trying (give or take a few onesies that I have bought in the last 3 months) ... The sign says it all.


This is me trying on a maternity coat at Target.  While the coat seemed like it would be comfy and there would be lots of room to grow... my mom laughing at me and insisting she take my picture to send it to my sister (who later replied that I looked "immense") leads me to believe that a maternity coat is not going to be the most flattering choice for warmth this winter.  I'm thinking that I will just stick with wearing Jack's coats.  I felt like the size of a house wearing this crazy coat!! I am not that big yet, I swear.

3 comments:

  1. I love the outfit that Jack picked out. When Arie wears it, he'll definetly be saying he's Jack's son. You look very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with the coat? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?? I think that coat is adorable. Go back and buy it lady ! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.