Monday, January 9, 2012

The little things that I missed... that I didn't even know I was missing

The other night, I woke up in the middle of the night. (Which is not unusual, since I wake up every 90 minutes to go pee anyway.)  But what made this special was that I woke up and Jack was facing me in his sleep and had his hand on my belly.  Now physical contact while we are sleeping is not unusual, but what made this so special was that his hand was intentionally on my bare belly.  He was sleeping with his hand on his son.

Words can't describe how special this time was to me.  I could have never understood the powerful kind of love that I have for my husband and that he has for me as he has his hand on my belly and on his child.  He said he was thinking about him and I guess he fell asleep thinking about him.  I love that I got to experience this special moment, that almost happened completely without my knowledge. 

We had our first baby shower yesterday.  My sister in law put it all together for me and my sister in law and brother in law hosted it at their apartment.  It was a small shower for Jack's family to get together.  We felt so much love and even though it's not said every day to us, the cards we got almost all said something about a miracle baby and that made it even more special!  Every single thing about the shower had so much thought that went into it, and we just felt literally showered with love. Yes, this baby is our miracle baby.  The baby that doctors told us would not be conceived.  And yet... I had a baby shower yesterday.

I am still so grateful every single day for such an enormous blessing that Jack and I get to experience.  I don't think there are words to describe how thankful I am.

Psalm 23:5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

3 comments:

Feel free to leave your comments below.