Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm so in love with this little baby

I don't even know if words can describe how amazing it is to have my baby here with me all day every day.  I love getting up to feed and change him in the middle of the night, I love letting him sleep on me all day long, I love only putting him down to go to the bathroom.  I kiss him all day and night and I can't get enough of hugging him. 

I think the last 6 months or so of insomnia and not being able to sleep due to peeing all night long and being uncomfortably pregnant has helped me transition into this having an outside baby thing pretty well.  Arie sleeps for long stretches at a time and barely wakes when he's ready to be changed or fed. 

Last night was the most challenging so far and he was up and fussing from 2am to 5am.  Finally I gave up trying to go back and forth from our bedroom to the rocker in the nursery to nurse him and change him (I think I changed him 4 or 5 times!)  and I went downstairs and turned on the news to watch while he fussed and refused to nurse for more than 1 minute at a time... and what do you know, the little stink fell asleep.

I had heard that I wouldn't have time to shower... but I have showered every day so far this week.  I do make sure all the doors are locked and then lock even my bedroom door before taking a shower, but hey, I still shower and shaved my legs.  Do I get a medal?  I vacuumed my house today and cleaned the kitchen and even baked muffins.

A lovely lady from our church brought us pot roast for dinner tonight and I almost felt bad accepting it!  I really thought that we would be not showered and the house would be a mess and we would be super frazzled... but God gave us the most perfectly even tempered baby.  Breastfeeding is going amazingly, it doesn't hurt, it's not difficult and he is gaining weight like a freaking champ.  I get more sleep now that he's on the outside than I did with him on the inside... which I anticipated but of course I got a bunch of, Just you wait...'s. 

So that's my little update as he snoozes on my chest... Arie is practically perfect in every way.  And everything is going so well, it's almost funny.  I did order a few more cloth diapers to add into the rotation because I didn't anticipate that he would be so small.  What I have would work fine, but it is more for convenience's sake to add a few more diapers and covers to the rotation.  I got a BG XS AIO diaper in the mail today that I prepped and can't wait to try and I got 3 more covers.  2 more Bummis Super Brite covers in NB size and then 1 small cover.  The small cover is still WAYYY too big, but I know I will get use out of it eventually.  Even doing Diaper laundry every other day to every two days is really no big deal at all.  I'm washing his clothes and our clothes anyway and watching how many times I change his diaper I just smile as he pees all over the diaper during the diaper change because that's not $0.50 or whatever that he has wasted, I can just throw it in the wash and use it again and again!  I cannot rave enough about how simple and awesome cloth diapering is.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that everything is going so perfect for you and that you have been able to do everything others said you couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, go you! Can your baby have a chat with my baby and tell him to be just as good as yours?! ;) LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.