Thursday, April 19, 2012

Six Weeks ... Baby Stuff

Arie turned six weeks old on Monday and I thought I would take some time to do a little review of all of the things that I couldn't live without in the past six weeks. 

Moby Wrap. 
This thing is amazing.  Whether he is sleeping or awake, he just wants to be held tight and this does the trick.  As well as being hands free holding that includes a blanket to keep him warm, I can get stuff
done!  I discovered yesterday that Arie even enjoys vacuuming with me. 

This is Arie, 3 days old on a shopping trip to Target.  




 Arie - 9 days old sleeping in the Moby while I clean the house.





About one month old, napping, I had already sat down and loosened the wrap as he was starting to wake up.

And today I vacuumed the house and did diaper laundry with him in the wrap and he's been sleeping for about an hour.  This wrap has been my absolute favorite baby item so far. 


Other than the Moby wrap, there really have been zero other must have's.  I really dislike the Boppy, it only works for me in a chair that has no arm rests or really low ones.  I don't have a fabulous rocker or glider but I do hope to get one as soon as we save up for it. 

I don't even know what other things moms like... I guess things like bottle and wipe warmers are high up on the list, but I don't use bottles at all and Arie gets his butt washed off with room temperature water from a Peri Bottle.  

There have been no special blankets or gadgets that have stuck out to Jack and I at all.  Babies don't require much and lugging him around without all the extra bells and whistles seems to work for us.  








1 comment:

  1. I have a K-tan carrier, which I got a good deal - $10. I didn't have it for the first several months, but once I got it, I loved it. I got a baby swing as a shower gift which was wonderful to use while taking a shower, cooking, or doing dishes. Other than that I never had or needed lots of gadgets and such. I am thinking most of the stuff out for babies is just a money making business. So don't feel bad if you don't have all the latest gadgets and stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.