Monday, May 28, 2012

12 weeks old!

My little peanut is 12 weeks old today. The time really does go by so fast. I am thanking God still every day for my miracle baby.

Arie is 12lbs 1.5oz as of yesterday. 0.5 oz away from having doubled his birth weight. He's 23 1/2" long. He doesn't sleep through the night but I really don't mind. He has had 3 or 4 stretches of about 6 hours of sleep but usually at night it's around 3 hours. Last night it was every 1-2 hours.

Breastfeeding is still great. I have been dairy free for over a month now. I am 10 lbs below my prepregnancy weight and I'm hoping to see the weight continue to fall off. Arie is doing fabulously with my dairy free diet.

He's laughing more and more and smiling all day long. He's doing little coos and gurgles starting to talk. He also rolled over from his back to his belly the other day. He's sailing through his milestones.

It's pretty amazing to watch this tiny human learn more and more every day.

I also have to Thank God for a baby that needs to be held 24 hours a day, (literally, he sleeps in my arms) because that's exactly what I needed. I don't need a baby who sleeps through the night, I'm very happy to wake up and nurse and rock my little babe for hours each night. It melts my heart to have other people hold him and he turns away from them looking for or watching me. And when he gets fussy for other people all it takes is for me to hold him and cuddle him and in seconds he's much calmer. Even during diaper changes, if he's super fussy, I can take over and he calms down. It's an amazing wonderful thing.

As I type this I am rocking him while he sleeps on my shoulder in his nursery. Jack and I were going to attempt to take him up north this weekend but Jack had to work more than we expected and we are almost finished with our bedroom re-do. We wanted to finish that this weekend because our new bedroom furniture is being delivered in two days. I am definitely excited about that. Jack and I have been married 5 years in November and we are finally ditching our mismatch furniture and dressers from Jack's childhood. Right now Jack is installing our brand new white trim. The finishing touches are going in. We also painted the doors with a fresh coat of bright white high gloss paint to match the trim and spray painted all of the door hardware oil rubbed bronze. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I think next month we are planning to spend a couple days in the UP. My cousin graduated high school and his graduation party is up north where they live. I haven't been to The Soo since my Grandpa's funeral. It's going to be surreal to go up there and not have my grandparents to visit and not be going to my grandparents house. My Grandma passed away in April of 2007 and my Grandpa in September of 2008.

Today we are having some family over to visit and BBQ. It was supposed to be nasty and storming all day but it's a beautiful sunny day so far. I really love it when family members get so close that they are also your friends. It's so nice to have people who have known your family as long or longer than you have and to have someone to commiserate with lol.

I feel like I have so much to do today but with all of the work on the bedroom that I've done all weekend, Arie is sick of other people holding him and won't let me put him down. If I even adjust my position and he thinks I'm getting up, he will wake up out of a dead sleep. I guess that means that it's time to slow down.

Oh yes, in other really exciting news, we have owned our house for 2 years on the 5th of this month. Crazy how fast those two years flew by!!

Stay tuned for our master bedroom reveal! Hopefully I will get some time next weekend to take some pictures with my camera and not my phone and get on a computer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.