Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sometimes the only place he sleeps is in my lap in the rocking chair.

It's times like this that I really wish I had a much more comfortable rocking chair. Like a super luxury Lay-Z-boy or something so that I could recline the chair and go to sleep myself.

But I don't have a fancy chair. Just an old hand me down glider that doesn't recline and clicks and creaks as I rock my sleeping babe.

I still can't believe how much time has passed. It's been a year since he was conceived and next month it will be a year since we found out about him. This miracle baby must have hit fast forward on the time because since that stick turned blue, I blinked and here we are, 11 months later.

It's almost 5:30 in the morning and I have been up about an hour and a half. Arie is sleeping pretty lightly and it's difficult to keep him asleep with Jack's alarms going off and him tossing and turning before he gets up for the day.

My sister is in town and is coming over today to visit. I'm looking forward to getting my house super cleaned while I have someone here to hold my babe and play with him!

I'm planning on doing a little bit of baking today too. I need some bread so that I can make myself some eggs and toast.

I'm still losing weight which is amazing. I also started an ab workout challenge. Day 3 was yesterday but I had to skip it because I was so sore I could barely lift my leg to get into bed or into my truck. I guess this is what my OB meant when he said not to jump into an exercise routine and take it slow. I'm pretty sure he said not to do fifty situps. Ha! Now I understand why he said that. My body is not the same and my muscles are still recovering. But, I have lost 60lbs since giving birth!

I had my kitty groomed yesterday. Since Arie was born, my kitty has been going outside all day, every day and he developed horrible mats on each side of his body. Two years ago I had him shaved because I thought he would look cool. He hated it. This time, I had to do it. The mats were just so bad. Now he looks awesome and no more matted fur!!

Oh yeah, the day before yesterday, I went to Target and bought a pair of matching tshirts and fashioned a nursing top that I'm pretty excited about. I plan to make quite a few more. I'm pretty sure my wardrobe will consist mainly of these awesome tops.


1 comment:

  1. First, you look freaking amazing! Second, I love your kitty! I'm tempted to have Missy shaved next spring, since she is a long hair too, she sheds so much in the spring that she ends up with a lot of mats if we don't brush every day. Third, you look happy, and for that, it makes me happy :)

    Hope you are doing well!

    <3, LA

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.