Friday, June 8, 2012

Super productive days don't happen very often!

Today was a beautiful day. I was really productive and pretty much had a fabulous day.

Arie and I woke up for the day around 7:15am and I started diaper laundry. By 11 am the diapers were hanging out on the line to sun and dry. I did 4 loads of laundry including some blankets. Right now the only dirty clothes in the house are the load of whites that I threw in the washing machine when Jack got home from work. I scrubbed my floors and since I vacuumed yesterday and cleaned the kitchen, the house is as close to spotless as it has been in weeks!!

Arie and I played and played and little man rolled over from front to back a couple times while I was folding laundry.

I am trying to come up with a grocery list. Planning dairy free meals is difficult. I'm planning to finally add in some dairy free dessert recipes that I've found on pinterest. In the last week, I have gone completely soy free too. Not even soy lecithin. It's unbelievable the way this sort of diet makes you rethink the food that goes in to your body. We went to whole foods and I needed peanut butter that didn't have soybean oil in it and we came across the one ingredient peanutbutter and 3 ingredient jam. Why do these products even NEED more ingredients than that. After over a month of this new diet, I am positive it will become a pretty permanent lifestyle change. Of course, I'm looking forward to having milk and butter and cheese again ;).

Arie has tried to go to sleep early tonight. I guess grocery shopping will have to wait until tomorrow. If anyone has some good dairy and soy free recipes, I would love to hear them!

3 comments:

  1. I believe I sent this link to you before, but incase you didn't get it or forgot about it these recipes are completly dairy and soy free.
    http://www.hacres.com/recipes
    They got tons of recipes by each category. Hope this helps. I havn't been drinking cow's milk since Sept. I still use cow's milk in cooking/ baking. I got tested to see my calcium level two different ways and both tests came out that my calcium is high in spite of no cow's milk. There is info. out there that says that drinking cow's milk actually takes away your calcium. I eat salad twice a day with spinach, kale, and sometimes other leafy greens. Greens such as spinach has calcium and if we get our calcium from a plant based source we are better off. I am also, trying to stay dairy free (the cheese can be a hard one though). If you happen to have any good recipes - send them my way through e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a productive day! Those are rare when you have a little one, just wait until he's on the move like my little guy! So fun though! I don't do dairy free etc but I follow a cooking blog and she had to go dairy free for her little guy, maybe check it out? http://stephaniecooks.blogspot.com/
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the suggestions!! I will definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.