Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grocery Shopping / Meal Planning / Penne Pasta with Meat Sauce

Each week, I spend a lot of time looking for ideas for my meal plans.  I always come up short, so I decided to just blog the kinds of things that I am always looking for!

Here is my grocery store haul :

Organic veggies - Radishes, baby spinach, romaine, cantaloupe, Michigan Cucumber, 2 Zucchinis, 3 sweet potatoes, 3 russet potatoes, 3 beets, bananas, cherries, corn on the cob, tomatoes, egg plant, a Florida avocado, 2 peaches, 2 nectarines, 2 lbs of strawberries, a yellow onion
Blueberry pomegranate dressing, organic blueberry spread, organic strawberry spread, dairy free soy free mini chocolate chips, coconut milk, Michigan Honey, lean ground sirloin, chicken breasts, pasta sauce and penne pasta




First thing that I did after putting my groceries away, since AJ was napping so sweetly in his car seat, was make some muffins!

Banana Chocolate Chip Cashew Butter Muffins



2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat graham flour
1/4 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup dairy free soy free mini chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Makes 12 muffins.



I also cooked some dinner... Penne pasta with meat sauce.



Browned some ground beef with some onions and started to boil my water for my pasta.



Need to get the meat nice and browned.
Add in your pasta sauce and deglaze your pan.  Make sure the temperature isn't too high, or step back, it splatters.


Makes 4 big helpings. $8.62/4 = $2.15 per serving!





That's some nice meal planning Mama.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.