Sunday, September 9, 2012

13/30 Things... Five Weaknesses


13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.

Well, this should be really easy... since I have far more than five weaknesses.  So, how about the first five that I can think of off the top of my head.

  1. Handling situations with grace.  I grew up speaking my mind and never really holding my tongue, which can be a good thing, but it's something that I'm hoping the Lord changes in me as I grow.  I would prefer to be slow to react and slow to speak and I struggle with this one a lot.  It takes concentrated effort to not respond quickly with the first thing that comes to mind, and although my feelings and thoughts might be the same when I do respond to a situation, I am able to put more effort into not making my words so biting and cutting.
  2. I'm not a perfect housekeeper or even close.  I would REALLY like to get better at this and I need to find a way to work with having a 6 month old and using my slings and wraps and carriers to have him with me while I do house work.  Now that he's 6 months, I should experiment with back carries. 
  3. Not finishing what I start when it comes to social commitments.  Since Jack and I have been together, I have noticed that I really do not like to be in social situations for a long period of time without him.  I don't know why, but I just have a hard time with things like a book club or something and sticking with it from the beginning to the end.  I'm attempting to change this by getting involved with a moms group and another moms group at church.
  4. I am far too trusting.  I give people that I hardly know or people that I do know and should not trust way too much ammo to hurt me with.  For some reason, I give infinite opportunities to people to cut me down and hurt me and stab me in the back.  I am not a doormat, I am a human being and I have value.  Being a Christian or a nice person does not mean that I deserve to be a punching bag.
  5. I don't share my faith enough.  I live it out as best as I can, but I don't take the time when someone asks how I'm doing to really share what God has been doing in my life.  It's fear in two parts: first, that people are only asking to be polite and don't really want to hear a real response; and second, that I might offend someone by mentioning God or giving credit to God in my every day conversation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.