Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1/30 Things... 20 Random Facts

{To know what I'm talking about, start here...}(I'll update this link later!)

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.

**********

1. I am a follower of Christ.

2. Mine and Jack's engagement was only 5 months. We had been together almost 2 years before getting married.

3. I played on a travel softball team and loved it! I felt like a super star when I made the team after tryouts.

4. I am the third of four kids.

5. My husband has at least 5 alarms that go off every morning and I have slept through every one of them for the last 5 years. Somehow, even though I have the same alarms, I wake up for my own when I need to set them.

6. I considered moving to Costa Rica for college, but began dating my husband instead.

7. My hair is as long as it is because my husband loves it. It's a lot of work and I like the way it looks, but I would much rather have medium length hair. When I was pregnant, I cut it all off because I was so sick that I couldn't even brush it daily. It's getting long again and I don't have any excuses to not take care of it.

8. Jack and I stopped getting Christmas Trees or putting up our fake one last Christmas and I don't see us ever reviving that. We both felt there was too much emphasis on the lights and the tree and the presents and not enough on loving each other and spending time with each other. We also will not be pretending about Santa with our child(ren). same with the Easter Bunny.

9. I like to throw dinner parties and entertain.

10. I gained about 45 pounds with my pregnancy with Arie and have lost 69 pounds in the last 6 months since he was born.

11. I snap all of Arie's diapers after stuffing them and I'm pretty sure Jack thinks it's insane.

12. I wanted to get baptized one summer when I was 10 or 11 and staying with my Grandparents. I didn't end up getting baptized until I was 21.

13. I barely remember high school. All I remember is that I hated a lot of it.

14. I have had a blog for 10 1/2 years.

15. Some of my favorite memories from childhood are walking to the library, borrowing a stack of books, dragging my bean bag up into a tree and finding a comfortable perch, and spending hours reading.

16. I have four tattoos.

17. I have a passion for all things made from scratch.

18. If I sleep with my arms over my head, they fall asleep.

19. I have wanted to write a memoir since I was in high school. Keeping up with a blog is just kind of an extension of that.

20. My first car was a 2004 dark blue Jetta 1.8 T. I miss that fun little car!


Participating Blogs!
Heidi's 20 Random Facts

1 comment:

  1. I will be doing these here soon. Just haven't had the chance to really sit down and do them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.