Saturday, September 8, 2012

9/30 Things... 10 People Who Have Influenced Me

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.

  1. Jesus.  He gave His life for me & I live my life for Him.
  2. My husband.  He has shown me what a partner looks like and taught me how to trust & love endlessly.
  3. My mom.  She inspires me with her limitless creativity and her humor.  She lives outside the box and taught me how to be a mom. 
  4. My Dad.  He taught me how to get what I want and need with specific communication.  "That's not going to work for me." has become my favorite phrase when something isn't working out.
  5. Our Pastor.  His fierce love for the Lord is amazing.  He is encouraging and a great leader by example. 
  6. My middle school & high school Spanish teacher.  He taught me that doing your job doesn't mean the bare minimum.  I've never experienced another more devoted and creative teacher before or after him, and I've never heard of a teacher who taught like he did. Gracias Señor!!
  7. Katie from When Hello Means Goodbye.  While we were trying to conceive and then struggling with infertility, Katie & her husband conceived a son.  Brenham was born on February 29th, 2008 far too premature to survive and went on to Glory shortly after birth.  After that, Katie discovered that she was in kidney failure and needed a transplant.  Katie taught me to praise Jesus even through the worst storms imaginable and renewed and refreshed my faith in the storm that Jack and I were facing.  She also inspired me to publicly share our struggle and our faith... which has led to countless people all over the world contacting me after reading our testimony!
  8. Amish people.  The way they live their faith out so practically and simply just moves me.  I want to get to know them, I want to know their peace and tranquility.  I want to find joy in keeping my home clean and lose the clutter that we don't need that only clouds what's really important.  

This one was really hard.  I have been thinking about it for days.  I have some people that I could list as influencing me negatively, but I'm choosing to move on from negativity in my life and there is no need to perpetuate drama or increase their negativity by even naming them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.