Saturday, October 13, 2012

This is taking some time to sink in.

With Arie, I took 3 pregnancy tests.

The first one was because I had a lot of symptoms.  Then Jack and I went to the store and I bought the strongest test that I knew of... a FRER (First Response Early Response) and a digital.  Both of those came back positive.

I believed those tests.

For some reason, I am struggling to believe the 20 or so tests that I have taken.  Just kidding, it's probably been about 12.

Since I am still exclusively nursing Arie and he has such a sensitive little system when we have tried adding in solid foods, we were planning to wait until closer to one year old to really introduce solids.  Then, I discovered that I was pregnant.  I assumed that I would just carry on as normal nursing and then I started looking in to it.

In my research, I have discovered that I can't find any other moms (I'm sure there are some, but I can't find them!) out there who have conceived while breastfeeding a baby who still nurses every 1-3 hours around the clock.  Sure, there are a lot of people who have conceived while the baby they are nursing is a little over one year old, but NONE while the baby is 7 months old and still exclusively breastfed.


Then I began to realize that it was very highly unlikely that even the most fertile of couples would conceive in this scenario.  And then add in our male factor and female factor infertility.  Yup, God does WHATEVER he wants.  Believe in Miracles, folks.  Miracle baby #2 is baking right now.

I will be 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow.  

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I found you via The Bump (sorry if that's creepy). This post really resonated with me. I had a baby in March and am expecting my second at the end of May. I conceived while DS was not sleeping through the night or eating solids. It's crazy, right? Like you, I had a journey to have my first one. I was very very sick in my late teens and early twenties. God took me from an almost bedbound and quickly getting worse young woman, and miraculously gave me the health to live the life I am living now. He let me ditch the wheelchair and get a double stroller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo many people get pregnant while EBF, since so many feel like it is birth control. I don't know why you aren't seeing much of them because woah boy, are they out there! I would say more of them are surprised because they were not actively trying though! Congratulations to you, and I hope baby boy gets through his sensitivity issues, that can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo many people get pregnant while EBF, since so many feel like it is birth control. I don't know why you aren't seeing much of them because woah boy, are they out there! I would say more of them are surprised because they were not actively trying though! Congratulations to you, and I hope baby boy gets through his sensitivity issues, that can be tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo many people get pregnant while EBF because they feel like it is birth control. I have no idea why you are not seeing them because it is incredibly common! Most of them are probably more surprised than you though, since they were not trying! Congratulations and I hope the baby gets through his sensitivities quickly, those are tough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for you!!! God works in mysterious ways and works things in HIS timing and for HIS Glory!!! I know that it is ALL HIM that has blessed your sweet family with these two precious babies and I know that He will help you through the struggles (if any) that will come with breastfeeding while pregnant. Just know that I pray for you daily!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.