Yesterday, I spent 10 hours stripping my microfiber inserts. Each of my over 30 inserts was boiled for at least 30 minutes (with vinegar) and then I washed them like normal with RockinGreen soap in the washing machine with an extra rinse and then I did a cycle with Dawn soap. It would have taken me days to rinse out the suds from my inserts by running the washing machine over and over so I did 4 or 5 extra rinses with all of the pockets and took all of the inserts out to rinse in the sink by hand. Each took 4-6 full soaks and wring outs to be fully rinsed of suds and then I threw it all in the dryer. My inserts came out so fluffy!!
Anyway, the point of this post is that while occasionally in cloth diapering, there are days that require a lot of work, but in the very grand scheme of things, cloth diapering is super super easy. Plus, now we are diapering for free which you really can't beat and number 2 will be totally free to diaper.
Since I stripped my whole pockets stash yesterday, we were using only tri-folded prefolds and flats with covers all day. I was able to evaluate my stash and I think I will be able to get away with not buying any more diapers. I plan to wait to reevaluate after #2 is in the one size diapers. I have 3 dozen prefolds as well as over a dozen all-in-one diapers and I think 6 flats that will all work for infant diapering. Depending on how big #2 is at birth, we will be set for 1-3+ months before we switch to both babies in one size diapers.