Saturday, December 15, 2012

Deleting FB

I try and try but no matter how hard I try, I can't delete the stupid out of my life. In this Information Age, it seems that it's perfectly normal to be intimately aware of every person's thoughts, emotions, and beliefs.

I can't decide how or if I'm going to share my blog, how much information do people really need to know about me? My documenting my thoughts is for me and not for others... I guess I've gotten to a point where I wonder why do people want to read it?

I don't want to know how my old neighbor feels about what's going on in the world, I don't care what anyone got for Christmas, I don't care to know about these things about people. The people I have time to think about, I talk to and keep in touch with.

I've been saying this forever, but Facebook takes away from real relationships. There is no reason to get coffee and catch up with friends because you've already seen their trip pictures, you know they just remodeled their living room, and you've seen the sonograms. There's just nothing left to talk about!

I still have no idea what I will do with my new blog. I have to have an outlet for my thoughts and I definitely appreciate feeling like my thoughts are much more my own instead of being printed on a billboard, which is how I felt with 1000s of views each month. Last month, I had almost 8,000 views.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.