Saturday, January 19, 2013

I know how I lost the baby weight

Among a thousand things, one of the things that I've done every day since the day he was born, is rock him to sleep and rock him while he slept. Constant movement for hours and hours a day. Whether pushing my foot off the floor, raising and lowering my leg, or moving my upper body to rock the chairs... That's how my baby sleeps best.

Another win for attachment parenting.

Arie is sick, he's congested, which is how I started out. He has a low grade fever (100.5°F was the highest) and a runny nose. After my five days of a runny nose and being religious about the coconut and eucalyptus oil under my nose and still having a raw face, I'm being so careful about wiping Arie's nose. I don't want his face to chap, but I don't want to run his little face raw either.

Last night was a fun one for Jack. I have so much drainage that sitting upright and rocking for hours at night started to make me nauseous so we switched. Terrible and uncomfortable 15 minute stretches of sleep is what he got as he rocked Arie so it was easier for him to sleep and breathe/ being kept upright.

At least I got enough rest to really feel like I'm on the mend today. I still have stuff in my lungs and I'm congested, but I'm getting through it!

This tickle in my chest is torture though as I rock Arie. I want him to sleep for hours if he will, and that means white noise only and rocking. It all gets thrown off as I'm hacking and he stirs or wakes up completely.


Oh, and did I mention that today is Jack'a birthday? He's 32! It blows my mind that I have been with him since he was 24 years old!! 24 used to seem so old and now it seems so young!

I remember his 25th birthday so well, we both had to work and he stopped by my work on his way home. We got in our first fight and for the first time really voiced how we felt and how much we wanted to be with each other and what we were willing to do to make it happen.

The next day, we went to a freestyle motocross show at the silver dome. I didn't know a thing about dirt bikes, only having sat (and fell off of one) once. I didn't care, I was just happy to be with him.

It's 7 years later. It's crazy. There are so many milestones that happen every year that remind me of just how much has happened in 7 years.

In a couple weeks will be my 27th birthday... I remember spending my 19th birthday with Jack... He bought me my first legal drink in Canada (and a brownie!)

I'm praying that Arie makes a quicker turn around than I did and I'm so thankful for my husband, especially on his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.