Friday, February 22, 2013

Arie's Party Prep

Birthday party preparations have been in full swing all day. I have cleaned and baked and cut veggies.

I have to get up at 5 to put the pork in the crock pot and get that going so that we will have food.

I still have to make the cheese dip but that's no big deal.

I have a bit more decorations to finish and a little bit more cleaning to do. Jack needs to put together Arie's tricycle.

I have to frost the cupcakes in the morning. I also need to clean the kitchen and scrub the floors. I wanted to put a mat for shoes up and some towels out for the front door. I'm also going to hang some balloons on the front door.

I feel like I have so much left to do but I'm completely spent from the whole day.

Arie is exhausted too. He only had a tiny nap because of the dogs going to the groomer being right at his nap time.

And then we took Arie to the chiropractor to see if adjusting him twice a week will help him sleep better over the weekend.

Of course though, in true Jack fashion, right on a big important day, he thinks he's coming down with something. He's got a sore throat and an achy body. Perfect. Juuuuust perfect.

I got kind of emotional when I saw the balloons and banners that I hung up for Arie. We have a(n) (almost) one year old!! We went from broken hearted and empty arms to the most lovable little man that we could never have dreamed possible. Our life is just so full and I can't even imagine that in 3 1/2 months we will have another babe!!

I am rocking my babe now, I have so many things that I wanted to get done and I didn't. I wanted to have Arie's room clean and the playroom at least emptied out. Nope. I didn't even get his clothes hung up or his diapers stuffed. At least his diapers are all washed!

I don't even think I could sleep if I laid down. I have a big to do list that I'm going to be thinking about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.