Friday, March 1, 2013

It's March first

It's really amazing how the days just tick by. It's March first which means I'm about to have a one-year-old and in 3-3 1/2 months, I will have another newborn.

I planned to go dairy free starting March first but I was not successful today. Mainly, we had no groceries, so I couldn't cook any food and we had really nothing that I could eat.

I also discovered that I find my future child, even though I feel him or her every day, still very abstract. It was not difficult for me to stay dairy and soy free for Arie when the fruits of my sacrifice and the effects of mistakes were very visible almost immediately. With baby #2, it's difficult to sacrifice for a faceless, nameless and sexless child. I know I'm going to have a baby, but I don't know this baby yet.

This was really the first time that Team Green has had any sort of draw backs.

This weekend Jack has to work tonight (as its almost 10pm!) and all day tomorrow and tomorrow night for a big release on Sunday. He said he will probably end up working 60 hours this week.

I'm trying to find something to do tomorrow so that he can either go in to work and not feel guilty that I'm home with Arie all day, or get out of the house so that he can have peace and quiet to work. I know he won't get anything done if we are home with him.

Arie had a pretty difficult day today, I think his eye teeth are coming in. This is the first time in teething that he has really struggled. He just wants to cuddle and nurse constantly and doesn't want to eat.

Tomorrow I want to get some fruit bars so he can have something cold. I would like to find some Popsicle molds so I can make my own for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.