Sunday, May 26, 2013

36 Weeks Pregnant w/#2


This week, Baby is:
17.2 to 18.7 inches long and 4.2 to 5.8lbs!!! 

How far along? 36 Weeks Pregnant!!

Due date: 6.23.13

Maternity clothes? yes... Baby dropping means my clothes are fitting differently again. It's getting warmer though and I'm out of clothes for hot weather that fit. I refuse to buy any more clothes. 

Sleep: Im sleeping when I can.

Weight gain: +29/30 ish

Best moment this week: hit the 36 week mark!! I'm hoping to keep baking this little bun, but 36 weeks means I can officially birth this baby at home!!! That's HUGE for me!

Food cravings: several times I've just wanted JUNK like Cheetos or some Dairy Queen style ice cream or some gas station candy. I whine to Jack but we just pass on by. I'm actually glad that so much trash "food" has dairy in it. 

Movement: All the time. 

Symptoms: I feel enormous. My belly feels stretched to the limit. I have no swelling or anything like that but it's pretty difficult to bend over and pick up Arie and carrying him for any length of time wears me out very quickly. 

Labor Signs: nothing serious! My goal is 10 more days ;) 

Stretch Marks: yep, leftover stripes from Arie man

Swelling? Nothing this week. Depending on which arm I sleep on, my hand will be swollen but it was like that not pregnant. My rings still fit comfortably and on my left hand, my rings are too big. I got my right hand ring sized right before I got pregnant and was waiting to drop a little more weight before getting my wedding rings. I plan to get them resized and soldered finally once I reach prepregnancy weight with this one. They also need to be re-rhodium dipped and polished badly. It seems pointless to do it before I have them sized and soldered though. 

Belly Button in or out? 99% flat and out. 

What I miss: room to breathe. Patience for Arie. 

Feeling toward Pregnancy: paranoid every single time I stand up that my water is going to break. Especially on my middle of the night bathroom breaks as that's how it happened with Arie. 

What I am looking forward to: Next midwife appointment. This one is at our house! 

Milestones: Still breast feeding. I feel like that should be in bold and in all capital letters because it truly is a challenge these days. I don't think there are words to describe how difficult it has become. With the combination of my lack of patience and irritability, along with my physical discomfort with any variation in latch incredibly uncomfortable and any weight across my belly incredibly uncomfortable... To say continuing is a challenge is an understatement. I'm way too damn stubborn to quit at this point as Arie was born in my 36th week. I'm literally at the finish line... But wow. Breast feeding through a whole pregnancy is hard work!!

Next week I am 37 weeks, but the biggest milestone this week is the 36 weeks, where I am allowed to deliver this baby at home!! I am happy to keep cooking, I know these weeks or days will FLY by, but for someone who is planning a home birth, hitting the green light for home birth feels awesome. 

News: went through the birth kit yesterday with my mom, she remarked on how small the box was. We went through the whole checklist from Eileen and only had a very small list of items left to pick up! I still need to pack my just in case hospital bag for baby & I. I really hope that I can unpack it at home never having used it. 

Also- our insurance changes on June 1st, so we would facing the biggest paperwork and coverage nightmare with our insurance coverage if this baby comes and we end up needing a hospital for any reason. Barf. 

I also had maternity photos done by my friend Krista on Friday! I'm excited to see how they turned out!! Krista is super talented. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.