Tuesday, May 7, 2013

This seems to be the theme of my pregnancy

It's called, "How is This Going to Work?"

Arie woke up to nurse about a half hour ago and it's not something I can sleep through any more. Thankfully, I don't have to get out of bed, but, it's just too uncomfortable now to doze off while he's latched. I don't know if he's getting lazy with his latch or if its pregnancy hormones, but I look forward to unlatching him every time he nurses at night.

I'm incredibly happy that I have been able to successfully breastfeed through this pregnancy, and I'm happy that its not appearing to affect him weaning prematurely.

Tonight, nursing woke me up more than usual. It's probably because I had to pee and I have to wake Jack up to do that in case Arie tries to follow me off the bed. The only reason I wake Jack up at night is to get up to pee and somehow he still needs a thorough explanation with usually wakes Arie up and completely defeats the point. I guess it could be worse but it kills me how deeply Jack sleeps at night, so deep that he has no clue why I'm waking him and pointing at Arie.

In some respects, I think it will be easier after having this baby because I won't have to pee in the middle of the night. But, how am I going to get out of bed to nurse number two without waking Arie? And if they are both going to sleep in our bed, how do I switch sides with nursing? Back to the theme, "How is This Going to Work?"

I bought Ina May's Birth Story movie and haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing. I have watched about one third of it so far, but had no time yesterday to finish it.

Today, I'm going to a La Leche League meeting at the group where I'm trying to decide if I want to start the steps to become a LLL Leader. I want to talk to the leader today and explain my emotions and frustrations of knowing what I'm talking about and dealing with people who just don't really want to try hard enough to make it work.

I should try to get back to sleep, the morning will come pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.