Thursday, June 6, 2013

June 5!



Today is the day that I predicted number two to be born. Not because I had this super strong feeling, but because today my baby is 15 months old which would make my kids exactly 15 months apart. I'm 37 weeks and 3 days pregnant, so it's totally possible. 

I'm really not sure when this baby's coming. I guessed for my real guess, not the what would be fun guess, in the first 10 days of June. It's now June 5th! 

I've been keeping really busy. Between cleaning my house non-stop (there's just something about planning a home birth that makes you want your house to be totally spotless!) to play dates to or more times a week. 

I am pretty sure that I have just about everything that I will need and that is on my list that my midwife gave me. 

I'm pretty sure all that is left to do is pack a hospital bag for the just-in-case scenario. I have really been putting this off, but I have a lot of laundry to put away today, so I can put some clothes aside. 

I've been extra grouchy and extra tired the past few days. It seems like morning comes way too soon and bed time can't come soon enough. And, at bed time, I struggle to fall asleep. 

I've been having a lot more sharp pains in my cervix and I'm sure it's from baby snuggling down into position. I've also been having way more Braxton hicks contractions that seem to get stronger and last longer. Nothing painful yet. 

I've been keeping my bathrooms and bath tubs scrubbed to prepare for labor. 

I think I'm ready. I'm not sure, this feels very strange. With Arie, I had waited so long for him and I was so sure and so anxious to meet him. Now, technically, I've waited even longer for this child, but it feels like it was such an unexpected surprise, I still don't know how to process it, and I'm about to give birth. 

I'm curious to find out the sex of this baby. I can think of a million reasons why either sex would be fantastic, and there's no need to list them. I would be super happy either way. I'm still so flabbergasted that we are days (or hours??) from having our second child. 

I think when you start planning to grow your family and trying to grow your family and to go through the heart break that Jack  and I did while we tried to conceive Arie, we were only concentrating and planning life with one child. Hopefully one, God willing, one precious babe. And, yet, here we are. He gave us a second. 

Sure, we prayed for many children but this is just such a completely different experience. We prayed a simple prayer asking God to choose how many children we would (or wouldn't) have and the spacing of those children. 

We moved the crib back next to the bed. We have attempted this with Arie before and one or both of us weren't ready for the side car crib. Now Arie is stretching out a lot more in our bed and having him have his own space is wonderful. 

He slept a few hours in it tonight, but didn't eat very much dinner so nursing through the night didn't hold him over. He fell asleep at about 9:30 & woke at 1 to nurse and by about 1:45 I had given up on him falling back into a deep sleep so I took him downstairs. He ate 3/4 of an apple and a granola bar. It's now 3:51am and I got him changed and in new pjs and rocked back to sleep. 

Today, we have our home visit from our midwife. I plan to clean the house and really get all of the birth supplies organized and in the same spot. 

I have diaper laundry to do and regular laundry. Clothes to put away and things to dust and vacuum. It should be a busy day. Jack hasn't even gotten up for work yet and I'm already looking forward to when he gets home from work. 

Oh, and Jack applied for a direct position at his work again. I don't know if it would mean any higher salary, but it would make a difference in how much our health benefits cost each month and that would be fabulous! 

I think that's everything on my mind right now. Hopefully I will be able to set Arie down in his crib and get comfortable in bed and be able to sleep for several more hours. I'm hoping for at least 4! 

Nighty night. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.