Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lucas - over a week old!

Looking at him at dinner tonight, I started to notice how much he's changed in just one week! 

He is definitely on that newborn pooping and peeing schedule. He poops and pees so much that I ended up ordering more small flats! They are more absorbent than the prefolds and will fit longer. 

I stopped using a snappi to put on his orange edge prefolds because it just got too small. Now they are trifolded and set in the newborn cover. 

He will sleep in 1-2 1/2 hour stretches and then be up to eat or for up to 2 1/2 hours and then back to sleep. His most wakeful time is usually in the evening and overnight. 

We went to the grocery store and Costco this evening and Lukey did great. I hate his car seat and look forward to when he fits better in one. 
I wore Luke in the stores and Jack carried Arie/had him in the cart. I really need to get Jack to wear Arie but I think he thinks its too feminine. 
I'm loving this new ring sling. It's a Girasol Diamonds and Stripes :) 

Arie will now kiss Luke if we ask him to. He's the sweetest big brother. Arie gets better at walking every day and seems bigger every day. In the last week, since Luke was born and my milk came in, it seems like Arie is having a huge growth spurt. His shorts that we just bought maybe a month ago are now too snug! 

While I'm nursing, Arie will bring me every book he can find for me to read to him. I loooove how much he loves books. I really hope he turns out to be a reader like me and my family. 

Luke is not a spit up baby the way Arie was and I'm willing to bet the fact that I don't eat dairy plays a very large part. I think he's spit up maybe 3 times total and it was nothing like the way Arie used to. With Arie, we had to change him 2 or 3  or more times a day because of the spit up. Luke gets changed only so that he doesn't wear the same outfit for days. 


He also has clear skin!! 

He doesn't like to be burped and almost flinches if you pat his back, he's more of a tub the burps out or even better, just set him up against your chest or wear him and the burps will work their way out. 

His umbilical cord stump fell off but his belly button isn't fully healed yet, so no baths for him yet. 

The sleeping situation is definitely something that will take adjustment for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.