Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One is easier than two.

The nights are torture. 

Arie is really struggling with jealousy and watching me nurse another baby. He doesn't like to be woken up by a crying baby and then he doesn't like that I won't let him nurse as long as he wants. 

A newborn wanting to nurse is a bit more pressing than a 15 month old.

Jack is supposed to go back to work today and I have no idea how that's going to work. 

Getting up with Luke is an hours long ordeal. He has been changed five or six times in the last hour and a half. 

My left nipple is so sore that either of them latching on makes me cry out in pain. 

Luke wants to nurse and switch from breast to breast the entire time he's awake, in between diaper changes. This constant switching really makes Arie mad. 

It's 4:20am and Jack has to get up at 5:45 to go to work. I'm wondering if he needs to sleep in another room but I have no idea how I will deal with two crying babies by myself. They both have different needs and Arie does not sleep soundly. 

This won't last forever. 

I don't have the foggiest idea on how we will make it through. 

1 comment:

  1. We found that the transition of going from one to two was harder than none to one. It gets easier, I promise, but there will be lots of tears. Arie will be ok, it's a hard time for everyone.

    Praying for good sleep when you get it and that Arie's transition to being a big brother will go well.

    Make sure to do what you have to do to stay sane in all of this, don't feel guilty about decisions you feel you need to make.

    Can't wait to hear about baby Luke's arrival. Blessings!
    Karla

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.