Sunday, September 22, 2013

Three Month Update

😏

  • Cloth Diapering
    • Diaper Laundry goes in the wash every morning. 
    • I have been exclusively using prefolds and covers for about a month now. I realized that with using pocket diapers, I was using one cover for every diaper, and since I was already using prefolds to stuff the pockets, I decided to just use prefolds and covers. I think I have 10 Flips covers and 2 dozen red edge GMD prefolds. I also ordered a dozen white edge. Then I have the toddler size prefolds thati got at my baby shower with Arie that I use to fill in the gaps. 
    • I think We use about 25 diapers a day between the boys. 
    • I try to get the prefolds out on the clothes line a couple times a week to sun and get stains out. Prefolds are super easy to keep clean. 




  • Tandem Breastfeeding
    • Unless I have help from Jack, I really don't like to nurse both at the same time. I prefer to let them both have their own time. 
    • Arie has been nursing like crazy the last week, or so. Around the clock, he asks to nurse alllll the time. He is getting all 4 canine teeth, so that is probably why. 
    • Both boys had about a week long sickness with fevers and congestion. Arie lost about a half a pound, but the last few days has really packed it back on. 
    • After dinner, Arie was 20lbs 6oz and Lukey was 14lbs 3oz. 
    • I still haven't perfected my baking schedule on how to cook all of the food I need. 
    • When Luke is sleeping on my lap, Arie will come up to his head and kiss him on the head and then ask to nurse. He will nurse and then kiss Luke and leave. It's almost like he's making sure he can still nurse whenever he needs it. 










  • Sleep
    • Some nights are significantly better than others. 
    • Luke is a better sleeper than Arie. 
    • We moved the crib out of our room. Arie wakes up so much there's just no point. 
    • We put the bed rail on my side, and Luke sleeps next to the rail. Then me, then Arie, then Jack. 


  • Home life - House stuff
    • We don't have enough hours in the day. I need to remember to hold my babies 
    • while they will still let me. The house can wait. 
    • I would definitely benefit from a second washer and dryer. 
    • We NEED to start cutting wood.... Jack cut some yesterday for a little bit. 
    • We are considering hiring a house cleaner to help until I can maintain it myself again. 
    • Jack ripped out the basement and we still need to re-grade and replace the basement door. 

  • Going Out and About
    • Going out really stresses me out. 
    • I usually have the boys in two different wraps/carriers, but at stores, I usually put Arie in the cart. 
    • I have been trying to get out of the house on play dates. 



  • Postpartum Recovery
    • I'm having back/rib issues. It's painful, but my body just needs some time to recover. The chiropractor helps. 
    • I'm about 5lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm annoyed that I'm not losing weight faster than I am because I'm always hungry. 
    • I bought some dumbells to start burning the fat off my arms and toning them. 
  • Brotherly Love
    • Arie loves Luke. And Luke appears to really love Arie. 
    • Arie is wanting to share which seems like a good thing until he shoves a hot wheel in Luke's mouth. 





  • Marriage 
    • Really feeling like a good team. 
    • I don't know how I would do this without Jack. He and I are both up at night, Jack changing diapers and me nursing. 
  • Arie
    • Arie's vocabulary is really exploding: mama, Dada, Please, Up, Shirt, Pants, Shoes, Socks, Baby, meow, Cat, Ball, downstairs, snack, breakfast, butt, dodge, nana (banana), just to name a few. He will also try to mock sounds. 
    • He loves to play in the nursery with puzzles and books and blocks and his trucks and tractors. 
    • He got his first real haircut. 

    • He's still not a great eater. He nurses all day and all night.  
    • I've moved him mostly up to 18 month clothing. His 12 month pants are just too short and even with the cloth diaper, his 18 month pants are huge on him. 
    • Arie loves to be outside and run around the yard and push things. 
  • Luke
    • Luke laughs and smiles all the time. 

    • He stays up most of the day and just cat naps. He sleeps at night and wakes to nurse. 
    • He's had started to reach out and touch things, and absolutely everything he gets ahold of goes in his mouth. 
    • He's already over 3 months old. 
    • I'm still bathing the boys together and I get in the tub with them to hold Luke. 
    • He's wearing 6 mo clothing and I dug out some 6-12 and 6-9 month pants from the totes for some warmer clothes. He's chunky but not super long. 
    • He's always cooing and talking while he's awake. 



8 comments:

  1. So sweet. Arie is looking older. Maybe because I'm going backward on your blog. Ha! Nursing all day and night is the story of my life. Quinn's not the best eater, unless she's having a little growing spurt. Otherwise she nurses a good portion of the day. She just turned 2, and she's about 25 lbs. I haven't taken her to get her immunizations, because her last seizure was the day she got her last set of shots. I'm not sure about all these vaccines we're putting in our babies. I dread her next set. The last ones she had were her 12 month. Do you do all the immunization shots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Vicki!
    I swear, Arie looks like a bigger boy every day.
    We don't give the boys any vaccines at all. That's a whole big long post in itself, but long story short, we aren't anywhere close to comfortable with the ingredients. The risk of the vaccine and side effects from them, coupled with no guarantee of immunity, for us, makes the decision easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING!!!!


    What a freakin' relief to hear you say that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason when I'm commenting from my phone and I move the screen sideways I can't continue posting. Frustrating. Anyway what a relief to hear that. I don't think I'm gonna give her the next set. I just don't see

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, so frustrating. I'm at the dr (for my dad) so I'll finish after.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allison!

    That is so great! I'm so glad you don't. I'm also so glad I'm not alone. Going against the grain is tough. Especially when you have a doctor telling you! I would love to see/read a blog post about that! Glad you made another video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow who's the freak that can't just say it all in one post. Heh.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.