Sunday, September 8, 2013

Up at 6am.


Lately at night, it feels like all I do is nurse. Between the boys, I'm nursing constantly. Why I even wear a shirt is beyond me. 

It's 6:15am, both boys have nursed. I just got up and changed Luke again and sat down to rock him back to sleep. 

Jack and I were talking as I was unweaving the end of a wrap to make fringe about how I would like to purchase a loom and weave my own wraps. He said he really wanted to buy his transmission first. 

I guess it's time to spend money on that dang car again. 😏 I'm sure Jack is really excited to be making progress, even if its slow progress. 

I was browsing Facebook this morning looking at wraps on the swap. Not many have stood out to me lately, I think mostly because I have been saving my wrap funds for a lovely handwoven. 

But I think I'm going to give a silk blend a try. 

I'm sure this is deep stuff for all of you out in blog-land. Sorry, 6am doesn't make for riveting blogging. 😌

Jack had to work yesterday, so today is his only day off this week. I miss church & really want to go this morning. I'm so paranoid about Arie getting sick too. 

Here's a strange fear that I don't remember having with Arie- people feeding Luke formula. In the last 18 months, I have learned so much more about breastfeeding and the importance of preserving the gut flora of an infant and how huge of an impact it will have on their lifelong health. 

It has become my goal to not give Luke any solids until much closer to a year old. The year goes by so fast, and there are so many health benefits to preserving and protecting their precious gut flora. 

I read that any disruption of that is something that can take weeks and months to repair. It probably sounds like a silly fear, but I know this kind of thing isn't important to other people so they would think nothing of a bottle. It's incredibly important to me. 

Depending on Luke's development and cues, I don't plan on him ingesting anything but breast milk straight from the tap until close to a year old. 

I guess I should crawl back in bed and attempt to catch a few more zzzz's before Arie wakes up to nurse again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments below.