Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Homeopathy

I remember when my dad first started dating his wife... She was the first person I had ever heard of to be like that. I didn't know what organic was, I didn't know why one would use a crystal instead of deodorant. That was 17 years ago! Now, oh do I get it. (The difference between a 10 year old and a 27 year old, amiright?) 

A few days ago, Jack came down with a cold. Then it got passed to Arie. And, now, me, and Luke seems to be slightly congested but is getting a verrrry mild version. (Gooooo breastfeeding!) 

I have been using eucalyptus and peppermint essential oils in coconut oil and rubbing the kids. Jack, Arie and I have been eating raw honey (the real, good, thick stuff, from the apiary across the street from our house) with cinnamon and raw honey in hot tea. I've gargled salt water with cayenne for my sore throat. And, Jack, Arie and I have been taking Echinacea by the dropper full. 

Jack is really on the mend. Arie slept a billion times better tonight than he did last night, which means we did too. I feel better this morning than I did yesterday. 

I'm so thankful for God's medicine. There are no harmful or unintended side effects to eating a spoonful of honey mixed with cinnamon, but the amount of ails it helps is incredible. God knew what He was doing when he made creation! 

My mom is coming over today and I am blessed with two sleeping boys with full bellies, so hopefully I can get a few more hours sleep. I have a super busy day planned... So much housework to catch up on while my mom is here. 

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. Maybe you should do a blog post about that! All your tried and true homeopathic remedies. I usually don't take anything g except fever reducer, and just stick it out.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.