Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nap time musings

I was thinking about some things I cando to pinch pennies around here, and something quite elementary dawned on me... Keeping your house clean will save you money. 

I can't tell you how much stuff we lose or break because it's all over the place. Or, buy multiples of because I don't do laundry often enough. 

It is really my personal goal that by the end of the year, I will have really gotten control of my house and clutter and pared down my stuff considerably. 

The amount of kid and baby stuff in the house is getting overwhelming. I went through today and started the process of switching out Luke's 6 month clothes for 9 months. He's getting so so big!

During that process, I just couldn't believe how much STUFF there is. Toys and books for all the developmental stages from 0-2, clothing in every size. What if we had a girl? What if we do have a girl? At least there is only one sex of clothing here, if we had opposite sex children, I couldn't imagine... 

I think my kitchen being cluttered really plays into how often and how motivated I am to cook. 

I can not wrap my head around how much work it is having two kids like this. The laundry is constant & if I don't put it away right away, it quickly takes over and turns into the downward spiral of what's clean and what's dirty and has this shirt been washed yet and this shirt has been washed three times. 

Luke doesn't just sit contentedly in a bouncer or a swing for any length of time, not that he should be expected to, but, it makes housework extremely difficult. Especially with Arie trashing things faster than I can clean in between my cleaning and taking care of Luke. 

Today, making scrambled eggs for Arie took me 5x longer than it should between picking up Luke and carrying him in the ring sling and chasing Arie out of dog food and dog water and attempting to clean up those messes. 

I really don't know how to do this better. I remember how frustrating it was when Arie was this age because he just needed to be held and nursed. It makes sense, but it's so hard to come to grips with how difficult it is to keep things clean and normal. There are not enough hours in the day to get the toilets scrubbed and tubs and floors scrubbed and the laundry washed and put away and read Little Blue Truck 300 times. There's just not. 

I waited a long time to have these boys and I need to remember every day that it's enjoying the boys that is what is important. 

1 comment:

  1. It's true. These days will go so so fast. And you'll remember them as the best days ever!!!! You'll e entually figure out a system that works best for you, and it'll al be good. You 'll have to modify it many times. I modify my house cleaning plans weekly!

    Chase went back east a couple of weeks ago, and I made 2 goals. 1) keep on top of laundry 2) try no cook dinner, instead of eating out. The rest of my house? A mess. BUT, it felt good to always have clean undies!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.