Thursday, October 24, 2013

Stepping back

I've written this same thing over and over in the past 6 years, but periodically I feel the need to step away from social media and refresh to just spend time not in the spot light and draw the blinds, essentially, and keep our life more private. I'm in the process of transferring my photos and then I plan to take a sabbatical from Facebook. 

Part of needing a break is because Facebook is not fulfilling at all. I crave relationships with my friends and family and FB leaves so much to be desired. Tone and intent is often distorted by reading things on a screen and conversations are much less personal when happening by typing online. 

I want more out of relationships than an occasional "like" on a picture or status and and even more seldom comment and conversation. 

I wonder when I'll learn or find a happy medium. I also wonder if I'm the only one who really feels this way about FB. 

3 comments:

  1. I don't feel that way about FB. I think it eats up my time. YouTube is doing the same. I spend so much time just sitting with Quinn, that I just play on my phone. I've become more of a recluse, I guess. I desire quiet and no drama. I like being able to touch base with friends with a "like" or comment. It's also probably because my life is so busy that I can pour time into relationships at any hour, like I have with you at 3am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 years ago I quit facebook. It got too important and took too much time. I felt like it was a drug and I was going through withdrawl, but I'm so glad I'm not on there anymore!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will miss you on Facebook! But I understand. I'll keep in touch via email if that's okay with you :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.