Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving is over

All of the chaos of Thanksgiving is over and now I just need to clean my house again. 

My sister came to visit and stayed with us over Thanksgiving and went home yesterday afternoon. 

We went to Jack's parents to celebrate and eat dinner on Thursday, and on Friday, we made dinner here with my mom, sister, brother, and sister-in-law. 

I've also been in the process of starting to re-do the laundry room. We had not touched the room since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago. Jack added our second washing machine and plumbed everything. We took down the ceiling border of wallpaper and yesterday, I did two coats of paint around the border of the ceiling and one coat of paint rolled on to the ceiling. I also finished about 40% of my first coat of white trim paint. I'm thinking it's going to take 2, maybe three coats. 

I forgot how much I love and hate painting at the same time. The laundry room was so dingey and gross looking and a fresh coat of paint changes everything. I also hate how time consuming it is because I can't guarantee that babies will cooperate. 

It certainly is not easy to accomplish things around the house with a 5 1/2 month old who is used to being worn all day. And I'm certainly not going to babywear and paint... My $200 wraps do not need paint on them. 

If only I had a crummy wrap that could get dirty and painted on. 

I have to do another coat of ceiling paint and a bunch of coats of trim painting and also paint the doors. Doors take so much time! 

It's going to look fabulous when we are done though. 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm adding the finishing touches! I think by next week maybe, I will have pictures.

      Delete

Feel free to leave your comments below.