Saturday, February 15, 2014

A difficult season

I really try to keep everything in perspective as much as I can. Especially now, when I feel like we are really struggling. 

We wanted kids more than anything else on this earth. The Lord saw fit to give us TWO! Right on top of each other! 

I've been sick (Hyperemesis with both pregnancies) and we have two super clingy, super needy babies. I'm so thankful for them, no matter how they are. 

But I want to say, this has been a difficult season of life. Parenting is difficult, but this season with two under two has been an incredible feat to overcome. This winter has been the coldest and most snow in recorded history. We have used more wood than we ever would have expected. With me being sick and pregnant and taking care of Arie this past spring and then taking care of two babies all summer and fall, it has left me zero time to help Jack with the wood. 

Jack has also been blessed with a great job, but he has been working a LOT. 

In the past almost 3 years, I don't think we have had a minute to stop and catch our breath. Maybe 4. With the foster parent training, then me getting pregnant and being more sick than I could ever imagine, then our foster son coming and going, then Arie being born. Then the whirlwind of a newborn. And another pregnancy with Hyperemesis and taking care of a high needs infant. And now two high needs babies. 

It really has been incredible that the house is still standing. 

We are almost there... I can see the light. 
18 days until Arie turns 2. 

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone! I am SO gratfeul for Quinn. So so grateful. I still struggle with being weary. Exhausted. There are times when I'm up for the challenge, whatever it may be. And other times, I feel defeated before my feet hit the ground.

    I try to remember, if I'm seeking God, spending time in the Word and prayer then I'm right where I should be. As difficult as it is, growing in The Lord hurts. Praying for you friend ❤

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave your comments below.